Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

Thinking about a tee-shirt or button, along the lines of the popular "Kiss me, I'm Italian! (or any other nationality) but saying: "DON"T kiss me! I'm Aspergian!"

Purpose: I'm proud of who I am and would like an opportunity to educate the ignorant.

Any thoughts?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 1:51 pm

A better shirt would be "Don't kiss me! I have a canker sore!"

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

I'd buy that but I'm afraid it would cause more problems.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 3:54 am

Islands and romance goes together. In the cultural manifestions one of the initial psychosocial frameworks involved an imaginary island called Aspergia. In culture sexuality is an important component and people with a form of autism have babies together and date and at times it seems to be because of the label relevancy. However I am unsure of culture and autism because I do not think I am member of this kind of culture specifically least in the traditional sense. I did get a girl friend from a disability work group but that is not an island nor related to an island story.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

AnnaBuhl
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Mar 2011, 7:03 pm

I personally think that would send a rather negative message end reinforce the already wrong thoughts about asperger.
Perhaps I’m wrong (I’m an aspie and some humor I don’t get) but that would send the message that aspies are emotionally lacking and dislike physical contact which is completely wrong, at least from what I know… I for example really like cuddling and kissing…

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

emtyeye wrote:
Thinking about a tee-shirt or button, along the lines of the popular "Kiss me, I'm Italian! (or any other nationality) but saying: "DON"T kiss me! I'm Aspergian!"

Purpose: I'm proud of who I am and would like an opportunity to educate the ignorant.

Any thoughts?

Here is my idea "If you touch this shirt, your too close to me"

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

I for one have thought about a shirt that says "Hands Off!! !" Well...I have thought about it, not that I would do it. But I detest physical contact from anyone other than my closest family. I cannot stand these people that feel like they have to rap you on the shoulder just to say "Hi." It literally feels like a bomb is going off inside me. At church where I am the organist, I maintain my distance from the bunches of touchy feely people. I set by myself and don't make myself too available. It's best this way for me.

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

glider18 wrote:
I for one have thought about a shirt that says "Hands Off!! !" Well...I have thought about it, not that I would do it. But I detest physical contact from anyone other than my closest family. I cannot stand these people that feel like they have to rap you on the shoulder just to say "Hi." It literally feels like a bomb is going off inside me. At church where I am the organist, I maintain my distance from the bunches of touchy feely people. I set by myself and don't make myself too available. It's best this way for me.

That describes me also. What I really hate most of all is the people that want to hug and kiss you on the check. YIKES. Just doing a handshake is hard enough.

We should have the lettering on the front and back of the shirt. Need to especially warn off those people that come up from behind. WOW just what I wanted a surprise hug.

Another design for the shirt:

WARNING!! !!

Touching this shirt can cause unforeseen social blunders

The wearer can not be held responsible for what may happen

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2011, 10:56 am

mikeseagle wrote:
glider18 wrote:

That describes me also. What I really hate most of all is the people that want to hug and kiss you on the check. YIKES. Just doing a handshake is hard enough.

We should have the lettering on the front and back of the shirt. Need to especially warn off those people that come up from behind. WOW just what I wanted a surprise hug.

Another design for the shirt:

WARNING!! !!

Touching this shirt can cause unforeseen social blunders

The wearer can not be held responsible for what may happen

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I can't STAND touchy-feely people - even in my own family.

I have learned to JUST SAY NO. The other day a lady I work with tried to hug me just on GP, really. And I told her no thanks, but I explained that I just don't do that sort of thing. She's very nice, though. She baked two cakes and brought them over when my father died. Chocolate and pineapple upside-down...YUMMY!

The worst offenders are those who feel like they have a right to do it without your consent and think that you have to accept them doing it.

That's why I advocate for a shirt that says, [FRONT]"TOUCH AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUT BEWARE OF THE M^+#@FU((!^ SIDE EFFECTS! [BACK]WARNING: THE INCIDENCE OF UNWARRANTED, UNNECESSARY PHYSICAL CONTACT MAY CAUSE YOU TO GET YO' @$$ KICKED!"

That's a bit MUCH to put on a SHIRT, though!

I did not go looking for Asperger's...it found me by way of my Higher Power. Once we became acquainted, I found out that we had quite a bit in common and we became good friends. And then I landed on WrongPlanet!
</p>

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

... if you can read this shirt then you are too close...
CAUTION! 3ft CLEARANCE REQUIRED!
touchy feely in NOT my problem
Full power to the forward shields (for the cpt'n Picard fans)
You Shall Not Pass (balrog and gandalf fans)

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

draelynn wrote:
You Shall Not Pass (balrog and gandalf fans)

I would totally wear a shirt that said that.

As for the "Don't Kiss Me I'm Aspergian", I'd much rather have one that says "Kiss Me, I'm a Dementor!"

FunnyFairytale
Toucan
Toucan

11 Mar 2011, 5:34 pm

and that might lead to people thinking that all aspies dont like kisses, which isnt correct. I like kisses.

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2011, 5:42 pm

I don't like when people (some of my own friends who i have trouble relating to b/c i grew up in a mainstream enviroment) feel they have a need to talk to me, stand near me or ask me to be their friend. Sometimes, I'm too focused on myself too be around others (or if I want to be around others it's around friends I actually like hanging out with and not those floating around wanting attention so much it annoys me to the point where I feel like hiding in a cave somewhere so they won't find me.)_so I feel like I need a shirt that says "I'm not in the mood to be your friend right now. Let me hang out with people who actually know me." because I have ( and had friends in the past) a friend right now, she's scary clingy 8O SHE WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE! She will flood my email with lots of messages (some from ppl i've never heard of who she claims as "Friends")

AusMama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2011, 6:56 pm

I personally like the shirt

Personal_Space_Invaders from Threadless Tees

There are a lot of t shirts that have 'personal space' themes. There's one I can't find that has an illustration of a girl with a circle around her saying "you're in my personal space" or something like that. :D

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

I want to have a T-shirt made that says "SANITY IS SLAVERY." White Impact font on a black background. I heard that somewhere, I think it's perfect. :D

****************************************************************************************************

Check out my IMDB page!