Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 2:38 pm

I uploaded a new avatar though my machine, and it won't show up. it was the right file size and everything. I tried clearing my cookies and refreshing the page, but it's not working.

ffanken
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2006, 1:03 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I uploaded a new avatar though my machine, and it won't show up. it was the right file size and everything. I tried clearing my cookies and refreshing the page, but it's not working.

Hi!

As a new member I've been trying to fix my avatar but it's impossible. I've put avatars before in my other discussion forums, but never it has been so difficult as now. I've been trying about 4 hours without succeeding. I tried direct from URL and I tried by copying the picture in my own dator. Nix! Nothing goes! I found some other discussion on the forum about the same problem (members Tigerfire etc.).

I've found a picture which I would like to have. The place is http://www.avatarity.com/avatars/2/25/2549.jpg . When I 've tried to download, it has given only a text something about AVATARA AVATARA, which refers to the whole site.

The picture which I would like to download, is a dark-haired woman with a piece of "net" on the forehead and there is a text LAPSUS LINGUAE. Could You, please, give very very very simple and profound step-by-step-by-step directions to me.

ffanken

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 10:37 pm

Thats because your direct linking from the website, which there provider or host probably doesn't allow.

ffanken
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2006, 2:35 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Thats because your direct linking from the website, which there provider or host probably doesn't allow.

I tried many different websites and different avatara with the same result?

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2006, 3:25 pm

1. Download the image
2. Host it on http://imageshack.us/
3. Go to "Link to off-site avatar" and put the URL from imageshack

That should work.