Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

QueenoftheOwls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

I notice that many of the folks here at Wrong Planet have avatars in the form of cats? Why do you think that is? Were cats the first residents of Aspergia? Are Aspies descended not from apes(as neurotypicals are) but from the great cats? Is the answer to: If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be? -C.A.T. What's this special connection betwen Aspies and kitties?

dcforeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2011, 2:03 pm

Cats offer affection and friendship, Asperger sufferes are typically a breed of human that doesn't get much of either. They are simple, uncomplicated creatures, that require very little care. Basically the ideal pet.

So there's no special connection, between cats and Asperger suffers, other then them offering what each and every person desires more than anything else. Affection.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

QueenoftheOwls wrote:
I notice that many of the folks here at Wrong Planet have avatars in the form of cats? Why do you think that is? Were cats the first residents of Aspergia? Are Aspies descended not from apes(as neurotypicals are) but from the great cats? Is the answer to: If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be? -C.A.T. What's this special connection betwen Aspies and kitties?

Why, yes.......Thought you knew 8) Aspies are renowned for being cat-like and we do have many feline traits. Have you heard/read that Aspies are, socially, like cats whereas NTs are comparatively like dogs, with their societal rules and rankings? Of course, it's all anecdotal but nonetheless compelling.

Then the popular book, All Cats have Asperger Syndrome by author Kathy Hoopman.

Respectfully, dcforeman, we do not "suffer" from AS but instead we, as Aspie cats 8) are neurologically different. Please know that's not (!) a negative attribute - the contrary! We have plenty of admirable qualities. Meow :cat:

EDIT: How remiss of me.....Welcome to the Wrong Planet, QueenoftheOwls! :) I like your avatar.

Last edited by LabPet on 19 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:28 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 1:06 pm

I have a particular fondness for cats because they have no need to impress anybody nor do they expect to be impressed. They observe and interact with complete honesty...they're much easier to understand than humans. If a cat has an expression on its face or meows in a particular way, it acts accordingly and doesn't (as far as I can tell) expect you to read its mind. Cats live and let live, and *seem* to appreciate things and people for what/who they are :)

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

The Wrong Planet Founding Fathers were all cats. Quite like Planet of the Cats 8) <just kidding>