Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Zayle79
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Apr 2011, 5:28 pm

This will be a bit long, but I really want help.

I don't feel like my mom loves me any more. I know that she does, or at least thinks that she does, but I don't feel it. Every time I make any kind of mistake, she gets mad and corrects me. Every time I make a tiny mistake, she sarcastically explains it to me like she would to a 5-year-old. When I cry, she gets mad at me and sends me to my room. When I express any opinion that contradicts hers, she corrects me--her word is law. Sometimes, when I haven't even done anything, she gives me these disgusted looks, as if I were some kind of bug, a pest. Sometimes she yells at me just because she feels like it. When I ask her why she's mad at me, she gives me an answer that isn't an answer, like "Because I am!" or "Because you're acting dumb!". She has no respect for my opinion, and doesn't even consult me when making decisions that affect me in major ways. She knows I have Asperger's but has no more sympathy for me because of it. I've researched emotional abuse, and she fits the bill in just about every way.

What do I do? Is she emotionally abusing me? What do I do?

And I'm SO sorry for bringing this up to you guys, but thanks in advance for your time and advice.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 7:39 pm

you might have to lecture her or talk to your dad about it if you have a good relationship with him.

Zayle79
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Apr 2011, 7:08 am

Just an update: I was feeling bad when I posted this. She's not as bad as as I made her sound. She acts this way when she's mad or aggravated and it really gets under my skin, but I don't think it's emotional abuse.

Sorry. I'll try not to post here when I'm mad again. :?