Are Simon Baron-Cohen and Tony Attwood responsive to emails?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

simfish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2011, 9:40 am

What about other top autism researchers?

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 10:31 am

Don't know about emails, but there are lots of autism researchers and practitioners (including Simon Baron-Cohen and Tony Attwood) that you can contact here:
http://www.autismtoday.com/experts/experts.asp

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 3:42 pm

I sent an e-mail to Tony Attwood, and he replied. I never sent one to Simon Baron-Cohen, so I don´t know about that.

Bikki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2013, 2:56 am

I too recieved a reply from Tony Attwood. He was willing to suggest people to see in Melbourne as per my query, but I wouldn't expect much of a to-and-fro communication of your story perhaps as he is a busy professional and not working pro bono, at least I wouldn't imagine so.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 3:28 am

I got a reply from Tony Attwood when I emailed him about some douchebag on youtube talking s**t about AS and citing Attwood out of context. Attwood even took the time to log on youtube to give the guy s**t :lol:

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 4:17 am

Rascal77s wrote:
I got a reply from Tony Attwood when I emailed him about some douchebag on youtube talking sh** about AS and citing Attwood out of context. Attwood even took the time to log on youtube to give the guy sh** :lol:

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 4:32 am

Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
I got a reply from Tony Attwood when I emailed him about some douchebag on youtube talking sh** about AS and citing Attwood out of context. Attwood even took the time to log on youtube to give the guy sh** :lol:

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Wow Kinme where you been?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 6:23 am

Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Wow, that's pretty cool.

That is pretty cool :o

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 7:42 am

blue_bean wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Wow, that's pretty cool.

I might email him later on. I hope he replies. He's very knowledgeable and professional. Speaking of the video, do you have the link? I would love to watch it and add my two cents. :twisted:

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 8:01 am

Indy wrote:
Don't know about emails, but there are lots of autism researchers and practitioners (including Simon Baron-Cohen and Tony Attwood) that you can contact here:
http://www.autismtoday.com/experts/experts.asp

I've tried to become a member on that site just now, tried on both IE and Firefox and when you click submit the completed form nothing happens. I've checked that all fields are completed. What's with it?

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Last edited by whirlingmind on 06 Feb 2013, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 8:26 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:

Wow, that's pretty cool.

I might email him later on. I hope he replies. He's very knowledgeable and professional. Speaking of the video, do you have the link? I would love to watch it and add my two cents. :twisted:

I don't remember who put up the video but I'm pretty sure it was removed because of numerous violations. It was put up as a hate speech video after the colorado movie shooting. I mentioned Attwoods reply here on WP but I don't remember the thread off the top of my head. I wouldn't recommend emailing him anything too long, can you imagine how many emails he must get?

*edit* Here it is I found the thread for you. The video is on the 1st post of page 3 (removed by youtube). The post quoting Attwoods reply is 2nd to last post on page 3, just scroll all the way down. https://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf204875-0-30.html