The new AS Test (Among the best I've seen)

Page 1 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 11:19 am

I thought you might be interested in this Facebook AS Test at http://apps.facebook.com/specastest .

It's obviously not diagnostic, but I think it's a better test than others I've seen (I suspect it's more predictive than the AQ test) and gives an understanding of what sorts of things people on the spectrum struggle with. I say that it's probably the best I've seen, so far, because it's the only one that's said I'm probably NT which seems far more reasonable than the other popular autism tests, like the AQ test and RDOS's ASPIE test which suggested "I'm probably aspie" and "You're half aspie / half neurotypical", respectively, and it seemed to correctly predict other aspies and their probable "level of severity" pretty accurately.

Let me know what you think.

btw, I scored 29 out of 72 with the result that I am not likely on the autistic spectrum. It also gives a more detailed analysis of my results here - http://apps.facebook.com/specastest/Sho ... 1305432184

Last edited by swbluto on 15 May 2011, 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:22 am

"The page you requested was not found"

new link? Do you need to be a member of facebook?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

15 May 2011, 11:28 am

Phonic wrote:
"The page you requested was not found"

new link? Do you need to be a member of facebook?

I accidentally put a period right next to the link, so it added the period to the URL. I corrected it so it should work now.

I think you do need to be a member of facebook. If you don't want to join, I was going to suggest using a username/password from bugmenot.com, but it appears they've blocked facebook. Hmmm...

Here, you can use my bum facebook account if you'd like.

Username: ev logix @ yahoo.com (Remove the spaces)
Password: bobinator
the date of birth is March 20, 1988.

Last edited by swbluto on 15 May 2011, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:36 am

thanks for the account, but since I'm not using the usual computer for this account it's asking me to prove that it's actually my account, so I need a date of birth please :)

edit: nevermind, I'm using my bro's account.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:41 am

LOL, it seems facebook is quite a bit better with their security than other websites online. Upon logging in, it essentially said "Please verify this login activity was legit" and then it said someone from Dublin was trying to log in. :D I then OK'd the activity.

Anyways, the date of birth is March 20, 1988.

Twirlip
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2011, 11:43 am

Quote:
AS Test Score: 30 / 72

This score is in the middle range, meaning that it is difficult to tell if you are on the autistic spectrum. It may be a good idea to read or research further. To discuss your results, or for more information, head to the Spectrumites forum (http://www.spectrumites.com - A forum for autistic community discussion, activism and support. The link will take you to the Facebook AS Test discussion).

My subscores were as follows (just guessing roughly how it is scored - my guesses don't quite add up!):

Quote:
Below is a list of the criteria used to create this test. Entries in green are criteria that are likely to apply to you, entries in yellow are criteria that may or may not apply to you, and entries in red are criteria that are unlikely to apply to you.

First part

Quote:
A: Possesses a decreased tendency to socially osmose behaviors and beliefs, as manifested by 5 of the following [7 items]:

GYGGGGG (score 24 / 28?) - overall G (but see comments which follow)

Exception (the single yellow item) was:
Quote:
ii) Marked differences in the use of non-verbal behaviors (such as using more or less eye contact that the norm, significant amount of blinking during eye contact, unusual facial expressions, decreased or increased use of hand gestures, unusual body posture, etc).

Second part

Quote:
B: Is affected by "Autistic Inertia", as manifested by 3 of the following [5 items]:

GYGRY (score 8 / 20?) - overall Y

Hacking the test a bit, I could perhaps allow myself a green (rather than a yellow) on the fifth item, bringing me up to a pretty definite overall green on this part of the test, too, because of my cross-dressing (nearly full-time), which the test might not be sensitive to:
Quote:
v) A tendency to develop specific non-cultural rituals, habits, or routines, and to adhere to these rituals, habits, or routines with a greater intensity than the norm.

Also, if I hadn't catastrophically lost my consuming "special interest" in pure mathematics at age 19 (I'm now 59, and a burnt-out case), I would almost certainly score a green instead of a yellow on the second item, too:
Quote:
i) A tendency to focus on a particular task to the exclusion of all else.

Exception (the single red item, which is also the only item in this part of the test which is of an obviously purely neurological nature - like all of the items of the third part of the test, except for the one I score yellow on):
Quote:
iv) A tendency to adopt repetitive motor movements (such as hand flapping, leg bouncing, or complex body motions).

Third part

Quote:
C: Has sensory processing differences, as manifested by 2 of the following [6 items]:

RRRRRY (score 0 / 24?) - overall R

Exception (the single yellow item) was:
Quote:
vi) Difficulties identifying people by their facial features.

So, this is quite interesting (to me!).

With some reasonable ... er, adjustment, er, customisation ... of the test, I seem to score on all of the items, except for those which obviously have some purely neurological basis - and I score on none of those. This sharpens considerably my existing fuzzy impression of the ways in which I am and am not "autistic".

It would be interesting to know if some others on WP fall into the (unnamed) class so defined.

Last edited by Twirlip on 15 May 2011, 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:47 am

Just finished it, I got 72/72

I really like that one btw, I think it's far better then the AQ test, and maybe more efficient then the aspie quiz, I really indentify with "autistic inertia", I can never complete tasks.

Last edited by Phonic on 15 May 2011, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrMagpie
Raven
Raven

15 May 2011, 11:47 am

I scored a 70 out of 72.

I spotted a few issues with questions (ie, 'I don't realize when people are bored by a conversation' and 'People appear bored when I'm talking about my interests'. The questions are both pinpointing the same issue - the AS tendency to go on and on about their interests to the exclusion of the person listening - but answering positively to one necessarily precludes a positive response to the other.)

Also, is synesthesia really a common co-morbid disorder of AS?

Last edited by MrMagpie on 15 May 2011, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:53 am

I got a 72 out of 72-I guess I am hopeless.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 11:54 am

68/72

jcq126
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2011, 11:54 am

Holy s**t... Your AS Test score is 72 out of 72.

I didn't even answer yes to all the questions lol

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:08 pm

jcq126 wrote:
Holy sh**... Your AS Test score is 72 out of 72.

I didn't even answer yes to all the questions lol

Same :lol:

Tsukimi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 12:15 pm

69/72

proxybear
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2011, 12:22 pm

I don't have a Facebook profile; therefore I score 72/72.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:26 pm

proxybear wrote:
I don't have a Facebook profile therefore I score 72/72.

lol. I have a facebook profile, but I don't use it for socializing, so I guess that means I score 36/72. (Close! 29, actually.)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 12:34 pm

I got 40 on there when I took it. Which was in between so it said it was hard to tell if I am on the spectrum or not.