Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2011, 10:20 pm

Well as you know schools out, atleast for most of us. and i was wondering how summer is for you guys. I go to a public school and i actually like it because you get to hang out with people your own age and you develeop more socially. I was actually starting to make friends and now summers and it drives me INSANE, because now im trapped all alone in a house for 3 months! sorry if i sound whiney or angry in any way, im not trying to get pity im just being honest with how i feel, so how is summer like for you guys? hopefully you like it better than i do lol :)
btw I usually always reply to comments so keep your eyes out for new posts by me :)

Last edited by bradt4evr on 03 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

Well I'm in college I ended May 13th go back Aug. 29th. so 3 1/2 months OFF. :-) WOO! HOO! I'm planning to read a book the professor suggested and then discuss it with him as well as read another book watch some DVD's beat some vidoegames. Hopefully I have time for it all!! !! ! :-) I enjoy classes. Fall 2011 will be my first time ON campus classes. (Fall/Spring 2010/2011) was ONLINE classes so having 2 on campus will be interesting. Hopefully my smarts can get me through. I've met a few of my professors for the Fall already and one thought I was funny and said "I can tell you want to be here." So that was encouraging. :-) I am kind of nervous about returning to ON campus with the people and the thought of how will my social issues come across etc.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Well I'm in college I ended May 13th go back Aug. 29th. so 3 1/2 months OFF. :-) WOO! HOO! I'm planning to read a book the professor suggested and then discuss it with him as well as read another book watch some DVD's beat some vidoegames. Hopefully I have time for it all!! !! ! :-) I enjoy classes. Fall 2011 will be my first time ON campus classes. (Fall/Spring 2010/2011) was ONLINE classes so having 2 on campus will be interesting. Hopefully my smarts can get me through. I've met a few of my professors for the Fall already and one thought I was funny and said "I can tell you want to be here." So that was encouraging. :-) I am kind of nervous about returning to ON campus with the people and the thought of how will my social issues come across etc.

I cant wait for college, i dream of it every day! i think its great your excited about college since thats what makes it fun :). So whats your major?

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

Right now I'm getting my AA (Associates of Art Degree) THEN the Bachelor and onward I'm aiming to study Psychology in some form. More along the lines WHY people behave the way they do. Examples: Black Friday shoppers,Romance study ideas I DON'T want to touch the DSM mental illness and diagnosing AS although working with other Aspies isn't OUT of the realm of possibility since I AM an Aspie I have great insight I'd hope to think so anyway LOL! :-)

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Right now I'm getting my AA (Associates of Art Degree) THEN the Bachelor and onward I'm aiming to study Psychology in some form. More along the lines WHY people behave the way they do. Examples: Black Friday shoppers,Romance study ideas I DON'T want to touch the DSM mental illness and diagnosing AS although working with other Aspies isn't OUT of the realm of possibility since I AM an Aspie I have great insight I'd hope to think so anyway LOL! :-)

Thats really kool, the human mind is something thats just fascinating to look into, like how our favorite color reflects who we are as a person and what our general mood is. Or why some people never take the first item on the shelf or wont eat foods that are certain colors. it just amazes me and sometimes i learn that i do some of these things myself like never taking the first item on the shelf or eating something thats a certain color,, and never really thought why

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 4:25 am

I really like the feeling so far, but sometimes it takes getting used to (though I detest school.)

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 6:03 am

Happy and then extremely bored and depressed.

NadineWolfe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jun 2011, 6:42 am

I feel human.

School is hell. When I am there, I don't feel like a human being. I feel completely numb. It isn't until I'm out of there and can pretend it doesn't exist that I feel real.

Unfortunately the Summer holidays don't start until mid December for me :(

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

jmnixon95 wrote:
I really like the feeling so far, but sometimes it takes getting used to (though I detest school.)

lol yeah sometimes schools really hard for me too, especially when im up till 12 at night doing hwk

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2011, 11:31 am

Simonono wrote:
Happy and then extremely bored and depressed.

sounds exactly like me, At first its kool but then you realize your going to be trapped in a house for a whole 3 months

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

NadineWolfe wrote:
I feel human.

School is hell. When I am there, I don't feel like a human being. I feel completely numb. It isn't until I'm out of there and can pretend it doesn't exist that I feel real.

I used to feel the exact same way in schoo. i would walk the halls like a zombie praying to god i could get out of there soon. That was in 6th grade, now that im in 9th i sord of enjoy it, dont worry, it gets better the older you get, since your classmates mature and will begin to accept you more.

MyDogSasha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

NadineWolfe wrote:
I feel human.

like that

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

Bored out of my mind. I'd go back to school if I could. I'm glad my summer starts at the end of June.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

Yea, I'm 18, and I'm out of school.

I was liking it too.

I am going to run a marathon soon, and then hopefully get a job/ get ready for college.

See if you can get a job or volunteer.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Yea, I'm 18, and I'm out of school.

I was liking it too.

I am going to run a marathon soon, and then hopefully get a job/ get ready for college.

See if you can get a job or volunteer.

Thnx for the advice, i really wanna volunteer when i turn 16 and get a license, maybe work at an Alateen group or something like that(alateen is a group for kids with alcoholic parents, i really think it be great if i could help out someone in a harsh life situation like that)

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2011, 11:23 pm

School is not out here yet! :(

I am looking forward to summer this year, my closest friends don't go to my school anyway, so I can still hang out with them! :D

It was a tough semester.