Fiance has said I am "insensitive"

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

missconduct77
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2011, 9:59 pm

I think my boyfriend/fiance of two years is learning a lot about autism, AS and the like, because he has pointed out some of the traits I have that are like the disorder. One time I asked him to google autism, and another time Temple Grandin. Now he's met my doctor, and my dr has it wirtten in some extensive paperwork that i have "bi polar disorder".

It made me feel a bit sad at times, when my b.f. pointed out that (very tactfully) that I am not like normal girls. I like to tell him I am "eccentric". He's a good, caring giving person. I tellhim I have tried to work on the bluntness I used to be known for. I am trying to get to be more sensitive at times. I am really glad I found this website.

I think whatever form of autism disorder I have, it has resulted in me having trouble dating normal men. When I first started dating online I got dropped after the first date quite a lot. I always felt overlooked by "normal" men all through my 20s.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 6:07 am

So what's your question?

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2011, 4:53 am

You were complaining in another thread about not getting any attention from men.

If you have a fiance, you are doing far better than many of us.