How do i find an aspergian female?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TurreticStorm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2011, 7:14 pm

Hello I am an anti-social Aspergian and i have never even met somone of my own kind other then my family. I have tryed dating normal human women many times and failed miserably. so now i am searching for a woman of my own kind in the hopes of finaly finding somone to have a healthy long term relationship with. my only problem is that i have no idea where to find females of my own kind let alone one that is compatable. if any of you know a dating sight for my kind that actualy works please let me know. I have tryed aspieaffection but that site doesnt even work properly

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Hello I am an anti-social Aspergian and i have never even met somone of my own kind other then my family. I have tryed dating normal human women many times and failed miserably. so now i am searching for a woman of my own kind in the hopes of finaly finding somone to have a healthy long term relationship with. my only problem is that i have no idea where to find females of my own kind let alone one that is compatable.

this would look cool on a t-shirt :)

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

Did you try a support group like GRASP? If you want to meet women, being antisocial is the last thing you should be doing. If you can find a group in your area, there's a good chance that you'll see at least one female.

You can also try a body language book, like The Definitive Book of Body Language by Pease. There is a section devoted to how to use body language to attract a mate.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
Did you try a support group like GRASP? If you want to meet women, being antisocial is the last thing you should be doing. If you can find a group in your area, there's a good chance that you'll see at least one female.

You can also try a body language book, like The Definitive Book of Body Language by Pease. There is a section devoted to how to use body language to attract a mate.

If there's only one AS female in a support group, there's probably either rules about dating or she is probably tired of everybody trying to hump her leg and you won't have a chance with her.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:35 pm

John_Browning wrote:
rabidmonkey4262 wrote:

If there's only one AS female in a support group, there's probably either rules about dating or she is probably tired of everybody trying to hump her leg and you won't have a chance with her.

As far as I know, GRASP doesn't prohibit any members from dating.

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

The geekcrowd and nolongerlonely websites reek of scam in my opinion. Geekcrowd wont even let you see a girl's profile unless you pay a subscription (but will let you see a picture...and almost all the girls there are very pretty which in itself is a red flag) and the nolongerlonely site looks like it was made by an amateur..but at least it doesnt charge money.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

30 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

Logan5 wrote:
(Note nick007's suggestion, https://www.nolongerlonely.com/

I am now recommending AVOIDING NoLongerLonely. I had been a member of there for a couple years. It is a great site with a lot of potential but there is one major problem. The webmaster, Jim does not listen or care about members & he also condones trolling. He personally reviews & approves each member’s profile. He allows a troll to have 3 different profiles there & after a couple weeks of complaints by lots of members; Jim approved for the troll to have a 4th profile that had an almost identical SN as one of his others that members had been reporting. I left NLL a few weeks ago because I do NOT want to be part of a site that will condone trolling; that gives people with mental issues a bad rep.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 8:47 pm

John_Browning wrote:
rabidmonkey4262 wrote:

Isn't that a bit defeatist?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

So like, you do know you're on a forum full of Aspie women, right?

to his Interest."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

They're all in the doghouse, with the men.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:03 am

John_Browning wrote:
rabidmonkey4262 wrote:

I strongly agree with this. If you find a woman at an AS support group, she is likely not there to date (there's actually a high probability she is asexual). She is there to find people who relate to her.

Places you are probably more likely to find a woman with AS....
Gamer/Anime oriented social activities.
Cat rescues.
By herself in a bookstore.
By herself in a museum.
By herself.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:22 am

Chronos wrote:

Places you are probably more likely to find a woman with AS....
Gamer/Anime oriented social activities.
Cat rescues.
By herself in a bookstore.
By herself in a museum.
By herself.

~nodding~

to his Interest."

Rossc09
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 8:54 pm

I'd address the "anti-social" bit before looking for a relationship...
You do realize that relationships require one to be social, right?
8O

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 8:58 pm

Hide in the bushes and make a noise like a special interest.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 7:04 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Hide in the bushes and make a noise like a special interest.

Very amusing! Even after multiple readings. :D

I agree with other posters, regarding the need to be social. NT or not, I think that the most likely place to meet a compatible companion would be at a group involved in a person's interest, or at a place where an interest is indulged. Hopefully there, without being focused on a desperate need for companionship, some mutual attraction may develop.

A noise like a special interest. Preposterous, yet hilarious. #wipes eyes#