Total Running Time: 52:08
Size: 48.18 MB

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3E5DAB2C5A595144

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 10:42 am

Cool!

Can you tell me how to create playlists like this, before I go and make an idiot of myself? I love grunge, rock and 'indie' music and I have songs saved electronically on my PC, but no idea how to create something like this.

I think there should be a Wrong Planet Radio section with a choice of people's songs. Is that possible?

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 11:36 am

nice, I was listening to (Never Seen Blue-Tori Amos) last night.

Hey, would you like an alternate version of she is suffering that I have?

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 2:14 pm

Very interesting!

I hope your PC microphone sounds better than it did when you told me the last time I spoke to you.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 6:46 pm

Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the playlist sings of unhappiness.

Are you ok?

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 6:48 pm

Why, I spoke with the original composer of this thread and she said her PC microphone wasn't worth anything. I wonder if the fact that it's worth nothing goes hand in hand with the fact that the list is unhappy.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 11:02 pm

sociable_hermit wrote:
Cool!

Can you tell me how to create playlists like this, before I go and make an idiot of myself? I love grunge, rock and 'indie' music and I have songs saved electronically on my PC, but no idea how to create something like this.

I think there should be a Wrong Planet Radio section with a choice of people's songs. Is that possible?

Hermit: Share a playlist? you can just copy all of them to a folder and Zip it (without compression).
To create a .PLS file you can add the songs to Winamp and select Save Playlist.

if you need any help just send me a PM

HannahJoyCapps
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2006, 3:02 am

sociable_hermit wrote:
Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that the playlist sings of unhappiness.

Are you ok?

Let me breafly describe why I chose these songs...

1. Nutshshell-Alice In Chains-The name says it all..."I'd feel better dead..." Yea, liveing in this hell hole of a home makes me want to say this, my parents are so legalistic in there views and it crushes me inside...

2. Medication-Ours-"We've taken medication, so we can run away from, the things that pain us..." I'm on 2 anti-depressents and 1 anti-psyotic, Lexapro, Welbutrin XL, and Abilify, all three of which do s**t for me...

3. Castles Made of Sand-Jimmy Hendrix-"She wished and prayed she could stop liveing, so she desided to die, And so castles made of sand, slip into the sea, eventually..." Things in this life are so tempary, and minute, compared to eternity, I just wish God would take me home and out of this place...

4. See You Later-Elliott Smith-"Bad imagination, still giveing me pain...See you later if I see you at all..." The pain of the past echos through my mind, I just want to leave permanatly, as in die...

5. Icicle-Tori Amos-"Will you keep watch for me, Father says bow your head like the Good Book says, I think the Good Book is missing some pages..." Growing up in a legalistic christian home does something to you, there are things and questions that I have that haven't been answered by the church, or have been called "blasfemous."

6. Takeing A Fall-Elliott Smith-"You won't hear a word out of me, because I know how indifferent someone can be...takeing a fall, you don't know who to call..." Sometimes takeing a fall is the best thing I know how to do...

7. She Is Suffering-Manic Street Preachers-"She is suffering, She sucks you deeper in, You exist within her shadow..." I exist within the shadow of pain...

8. Father Lucifer-Tori Amos-"Father Lucifer, you never looked so sane, how the lizzies, how's your 'Jesus Christ' been hanging...Nothing's going to stop me from floating..." Sometimes, the devil's ways, deception, death, and distruction, seem more sane then God's ways which are life...

9. Abused-Elliott Smith-"Seems un-true now, but the funniest thing is, it fits you now, to a perfact 'T', you feel brused now, body and mind, you feel used now, almost all the time, been abused..." Throughout the years I've suffered much social abuse, mainly from peer's...this is mainly due to the Asperger's...

10. Don't Follow-Alice In Chains-"Hey I ain't never comeing home, Hey I'll just wonder my oun road, Hey I can't meet you hear tommorw, say goodby don't follow, misery so hollow..." I just want to say goodby to it all, and never return to this hollow misery I'm liveing in...

11. Leaves-Ours-"How long will it take us, to find out this is it? Till its bad again?, The leaves are falling, turning over and over, getting colder and colder, Will we care again?" The signs are ripe, the time is near, Christ will return soon, and I just want him to take me away...

12. Take to the Sky-Tori Amos-"My heart is like the ocean, so close to touching freedom...You can say it one more time, what you don't like, Let me hear it one more time then, Have a seat while I, Take to the sky, If you don't like me just a little while, why do you hang around?"...My parents constantly reiderate what they don't like about me, my question is, why the hell do I stick around when I'm in such pain?...

13. Some Rock Song-Elliott Smith-"It's a junkie dream makes you so uptight, its haloween tonight and every night, on your skin sand paper mouth, your an oristra man, with one f*****g note, they beat you up week after week, and when you grow up your going to be a freek, Help me kill my time, 'cause I'll never be fine..." Once again social things have always been hard for me, I don't think I'll ever be ok...

14. Blue and Yellow-The Used-"Its a feeling that you cannot miss, and it burns a hole in everyone that feels it, well you're never going to find it, if you're looking for it, Should have done something but I've done it enough, by the way your hands were shakeing, rather waste some time with you..." Sometimes I just waste my time, looking at the cealling or sleeping, while the blood drips down my wrist, just to pass the time...

15. Never Seen Blue-Tori Amos-"Some boy you are, to take me by the hand, got a little red line, that tells you boy, where the razor's been..." My poison of choice is an Ex-acto Knife...

16. My Song-Jerry Cantrell-"Everytime, I let it show, You didn't want to know, by the time I'd sold my soul, you had to go, Love's strong mine gone, still have the time to sing my song, Still not a crime to sing my song..." Everytime I try to sing the songs that I've written, my parents lable them as 'satanic' or 'of the devil' which only makes me want to sing them all the more...

17. Half Right-Heatmiser-"We'll you shouldn't dr. yourself, someone who looks like, what I look like, would you say that one of your dreams, got in you and ripped out the seams?...It's not half right..." God, has taken my life, and ripped it apart...

AmyRose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2006, 4:27 am

HannahJoyCapps wrote:
Let me breafly describe why I chose these songs...

1. Nutshshell-Alice In Chains-The name says it all..."I'd feel better dead..." Yea, liveing in this hell hole of a home makes me want to say this, my parents are so legalistic in there views and it crushes me inside...
Hannah, I am so sorry you have to put up with that. Parents who are trying to cure your Asperger's in God's name by "casting out demons".... UGH! *hugs*
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
2. Medication-Ours-"We've taken medication, so we can run away from, the things that pain us..." I'm on 2 anti-depressents and 1 anti-psyotic, Lexapro, Welbutrin XL, and Abilify, all three of which do s**t for me...
I was on an antidepressant not too long ago and all it did was make me worse. I don't blame you at all for that. Antidepressants also have been known to cause suicidal thoughts in some people, mostly teens but some adults too. Have you talked to your doctor about this?
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
3. Castles Made of Sand-Jimmy Hendrix-"She wished and prayed she could stop liveing, so she desided to die, And so castles made of sand, slip into the sea, eventually..." Things in this life are so tempary, and minute, compared to eternity, I just wish God would take me home and out of this place...
But what about your friends who are on Earth, like me? We love you, Hannah.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
4. See You Later-Elliott Smith-"Bad imagination, still giveing me pain...See you later if I see you at all..." The pain of the past echos through my mind, I just want to leave permanatly, as in die...
Painful pasts can turn into bright futures with support from your friends.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
5. Icicle-Tori Amos-"Will you keep watch for me, Father says bow your head like the Good Book says, I think the Good Book is missing some pages..." Growing up in a legalistic christian home does something to you, there are things and questions that I have that haven't been answered by the church, or have been called "blasfemous."
As a Catholic, I believe the problem is that you need to change to a more open-minded Christian church, like the Catholic church (we're known for being open-minded).
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
6. Takeing A Fall-Elliott Smith-"You won't hear a word out of me, because I know how indifferent someone can be...takeing a fall, you don't know who to call..." Sometimes takeing a fall is the best thing I know how to do...
Can't argue with you there. :(
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
7. She Is Suffering-Manic Street Preachers-"She is suffering, She sucks you deeper in, You exist within her shadow..." I exist within the shadow of pain...
It doesn't have to be that way. You have friends who love you. *hugs*
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
8. Father Lucifer-Tori Amos-"Father Lucifer, you never looked so sane, how the lizzies, how's your 'Jesus Christ' been hanging...Nothing's going to stop me from floating..." Sometimes, the devil's ways, deception, death, and distruction, seem more sane then God's ways which are life...
Again, like I said above, Protestant churches seem to have very distorted views about God that just don't make sense to a Catholic like me.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
9. Abused-Elliott Smith-"Seems un-true now, but the funniest thing is, it fits you now, to a perfact 'T', you feel brused now, body and mind, you feel used now, almost all the time, been abused..." Throughout the years I've suffered much social abuse, mainly from peer's...this is mainly due to the Asperger's...
Hannah, this is the right place for you to be--we've all been there as Aspies. You're not alone.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
10. Don't Follow-Alice In Chains-"Hey I ain't never comeing home, Hey I'll just wonder my oun road, Hey I can't meet you hear tommorw, say goodby don't follow, misery so hollow..." I just want to say goodby to it all, and never return to this hollow misery I'm liveing in...
Well, there are other ways of doing that besides dying.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
11. Leaves-Ours-"How long will it take us, to find out this is it? Till its bad again?, The leaves are falling, turning over and over, getting colder and colder, Will we care again?" The signs are ripe, the time is near, Christ will return soon, and I just want him to take me away...
See my comments about Protestant churches above...
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
12. Take to the Sky-Tori Amos-"My heart is like the ocean, so close to touching freedom...You can say it one more time, what you don't like, Let me hear it one more time then, Have a seat while I, Take to the sky, If you don't like me just a little while, why do you hang around?"...My parents constantly reiderate what they don't like about me, my question is, why the hell do I stick around when I'm in such pain?...
I don't know. I certainly don't agree with them--I think people with Asperger's are cool because Aspies understand us better than your average neurotypical.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
13. Some Rock Song-Elliott Smith-"It's a junkie dream makes you so uptight, its haloween tonight and every night, on your skin sand paper mouth, your an oristra man, with one f*** note, they beat you up week after week, and when you grow up your going to be a freek, Help me kill my time, 'cause I'll never be fine..." Once again social things have always been hard for me, I don't think I'll ever be ok...
You won't ever be normal, but it's a gift. I believe having Asperger's is a gift for anyone who gets it--we lead deeper lives than ones based on physical attractiveness. The friends we have tend to be truer because we know that they accept us for who we are. Having Asperger's can "weed out" the shallow idiots.
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
14. Blue and Yellow-The Used-"Its a feeling that you cannot miss, and it burns a hole in everyone that feels it, well you're never going to find it, if you're looking for it, Should have done something but I've done it enough, by the way your hands were shakeing, rather waste some time with you..." Sometimes I just waste my time, looking at the cealling or sleeping, while the blood drips down my wrist, just to pass the time...
:cry:
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
15. Never Seen Blue-Tori Amos-"Some boy you are, to take me by the hand, got a little red line, that tells you boy, where the razor's been..." My poison of choice is an Ex-acto Knife...
:cry:
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
16. My Song-Jerry Cantrell-"Everytime, I let it show, You didn't want to know, by the time I'd sold my soul, you had to go, Love's strong mine gone, still have the time to sing my song, Still not a crime to sing my song..." Everytime I try to sing the songs that I've written, my parents lable them as 'satanic' or 'of the devil' which only makes me want to sing them all the more...
Hmmm, I consider myself to be VERY religious (and a Christian), yet somehow I can't figure out why they'd be Satanic or "of the devil"... Hmmm... Your parents are weird. :roll:
HannahJoyCapps wrote:
17. Half Right-Heatmiser-"We'll you shouldn't dr. yourself, someone who looks like, what I look like, would you say that one of your dreams, got in you and ripped out the seams?...It's not half right..." God, has taken my life, and ripped it apart...
God hasn't ripped your life apart. If you believe in fate, just remember: You and I found each other, and you found Wrong Planet. ;)

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2006, 3:33 pm

Hey, sorry for asking questions and then disappearing for ages.

The most tolerant Christians I know of are Quakers - they believe in supporting each other rather than lecturing people, and they don't use all of the oppressive rhetoric and ceremony that accompanies most Christianity. If you want to believe but in a more tolerant and flexible environment, maybe they are worth a try. I'm not a church-goer myself but I have a lot of respect for those guys.

It sounds as though life is awful at the moment. Bear in mind, though, that depression alters the way you think and see. Imagine your brain is like a PC. Many people think of depression as a superficial thing, like a screen-saver that pops up every so often. In fact it's more like a virus in the operating system (Windows or whatever) - not only does Windows die, but as a consequence you can't open files, play music, watch DVDs, send e-mails or surf the net. It affects EVERYTHING because you view everything else THROUGH it, and that vision is now distorted or gone completely.

I'm sure there are some very real reasons why you're feeling down, and I hope you manage to work them out. But I'm also prepered to bet that there are a lot of other things that only seem bad because you're looking at them through darkened eyes. Nothing is worth the effort. No-one seems to care whether you live or die. Junk mail and crass adverts have been sent to drive you mad. You have bad luck and sh-t stuff always happens to you. Things keep breaking down. You buy a new pair of jeans and next day see them in a half-price sale. The buttered toast you accidentally drop always lands butter side down. God has taken all of the morons on the planet and put them in your area. Nobody will leave you alone, but when you want to speak to someone there's no-one there. It rains whenever you go out. Bills arrive whan you've spent all your money. All of your jams and sauces run out at the same time. Your neighbours only mow their grass when you have a headache. There's nothing on the TV. Strangers are rude, friends ignore you, your family are a nightmare and your cat keeps throwing up on the rug.

I know it feels that bad sometimes - I've felt like that on many, many occasions - but I'm hoping that the ridiculousness of my words may actually have made you laugh. Some things ARE awful, I know, but there are good things waiting for you too, I'm sure. Somewhere there will be a glimmer of hope, even if you can't see it yet.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2006, 4:00 pm

Just in case that sounded patronising and twee, here are a couple more points.

Firstly, your parents are a bad influence. Ignore them.

Secondly, I used to cut myself, so I know what it's like. It was a way of letting the hurt and anger out in a way that was very controlled and didn't hurt anybody else, plus I wanted to punish myself because I thought I was a really terrible person. I used to carve "loser" into my arm.

In the end I found a hobby where I could smash things up and people would be pleased. In my case it was a railway line with steam trains - they were given old wooden pallets to use for lighting the fires, and they had to be broken up with a sledgehammer. So every time I was angry or upset I'd go and smash up loads of wood.

Perhaps you could find something similar to do? Doesn't have to be a railway, of course.