Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Farkle27
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 12:24 am

Does anyone else get these after a particularly stressful time? My husband gets them in his mouth and throat and they are so painful. The doctor and dentist are both unable to give any helpful advice to lessen these lesions.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 12:35 am

Farkle27 wrote:
Does anyone else get these after a particularly stressful time? My husband gets them in his mouth and throat and they are so painful. The doctor and dentist are both unable to give any helpful advice to lessen these lesions.

Is he on any medications? Some medications can cause mouth and throat ulcerations. For example, sulfa medications can cause a potentially life threatening reaction called Stevens-Johnson syndrome which manifests initially as mouth ulcerations. Toxicity from certain muscle relaxants can also cause mouth ulcerations.

Farkle27
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

No, he hates taking medication, it's not from that.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 8:27 am

Does he use any any numbing mouth gel on them?

I also hear that they can be resulting from a vitamin deficiency (vitamin B) so make sure he get's plenty of that in his diet.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 9:24 am

Try eating some yogurt, or taking probiotics.

gilmour11
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Chronos wrote:
Farkle27 wrote:

Is he on any medications? Some medications can cause mouth and throat ulcerations. For example, sulfa medications can cause a potentially life threatening reaction called Stevens-Johnson syndrome which manifests initially as mouth ulcerations. Toxicity from certain muscle relaxants can also cause mouth ulcerations.

I'M CERTAINLY NO EXPERT BUT IT SOUNDS TO ME AS THOUGH HIS BODY HAS POSSIBLY BECOME VERY ACIDIC. EITHER FROM STRESS OR FROM DIET OR BOTH. MY AUNT GOT THESE YEARS AGO A FEW TIMES AT A TIME WHEN HER LIFE WAS IN EXTREME STRESS. TRY TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET HIM TO TRY MORE ALKALINE FOODS IF YOU CAN. JUST LOOK UP ALKALINE DIET AND SEE WHAT FOODS ON THERE HE MIGHT LIKE OR BE WILLING TO TRY. YOU WOULD HAVE TO GIVE IT A FEW WEEKS SO BE PATIENT. IT MIGHT SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR AT LEAST LESSEN IT SOME. I FIND THE MORE STRESSED OR ANXIOUS SOMEONE IS THE MORE ACIDIC THEIR BODIES BECOME, WHICH CAN SOMETIMES LEAD TO SORES OR ULCERS. HE ALSO JUST MIGHT HAVE DEVELOPED A FOOD ALLERGY HE'S UNAWARE OF. I SURE HOPE HE CAN GET THE PROBLEM UNDER CONTROL I KNOW IT MUST BE TOUGH FOR BOTH OF YOU. I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF SOON!