Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

03 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

I came to the very sad realization that women will not think of me as anything more than a good friend that they can turn to for emotional support. I would love to have a relationship but I'm tired of ruining friendships by asking for more. I would like to have an companion sense a relationship is unattainable for me because I really HATE being alone & I HATE sleeping by myself; I mean sleep in the literal sense; I'm not looking for or desiring a sexual thing but I would be open to it. I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy. Even if she never loved me; I would still be quite happy with her as long as she wanted to stay with me. I've thought about the mail-order bride thing a lot but I don't have the money or independence skills to travel & do it. A couple friends have suggested before that I find a girl with a drug problem & keep her wired but that is extremely WRONG. I'd like some other suggestions on how to find a companion

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sweetcupcake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

Buy a dog or a cat :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 1:12 pm

sweetcupcake wrote:
Buy a dog or a cat :)

I already have a chinchilla & I want something more than a pet

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

nick007 wrote:
I came to the very sad realization that women will not think of me as anything more than a good friend that they can turn to for emotional support. I would love to have a relationship but I'm tired of ruining friendships by asking for more. I would like to have an companion sense a relationship is unattainable for me because I really HATE being alone & I HATE sleeping by myself; I mean sleep in the literal sense; I'm not looking for or desiring a sexual thing but I would be open to it. I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy.

Ditto on every point there. Except I'm a chick, so switch all the gender specific nouns and pronouns. Wow, I never thought I would find someone who wanted the same things out of a relationship that I do. I had always envisioned myself eventually compromising with someone so I wouldn't have to be alone, but this gives me hope that there really is someone out there for me. (I'm really hoping that didn't sound too creepy/stalkerish :? )

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 1:55 pm

Quote:
I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy.

Ideally, this how it should work.

In reality, this is not how it works.

Gwenwyn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm

From an idealistic perspective I would say don't give up. I don't know that I've seen how old you are in your posts, so this may or may not be a comfort, but my love was 20 before he had ever kissed/had a girlfriend. He has social anxiety disorder and not AS, but he too felt that it would just never happen.

Though it can be hard to do, I would recommend not worrying about it. Go and spend time with your friends, and if you need to, ask for their help in identifying when a person may be interested in you (so you don't miss possibilities).

I hope you don't have to 'settle' but if you do, then I wish you the most peaceful settling possible :)

Oh, and perhaps find a nice quiet girl who tends to be the one hiding in corners. They're often overlooked in favor of the more visible women.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 2:31 pm

Megz wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I came to the very sad realization that women will not think of me as anything more than a good friend that they can turn to for emotional support. I would love to have a relationship but I'm tired of ruining friendships by asking for more. I would like to have an companion sense a relationship is unattainable for me because I really HATE being alone & I HATE sleeping by myself; I mean sleep in the literal sense; I'm not looking for or desiring a sexual thing but I would be open to it. I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy.

Ditto on every point there. Except I'm a chick, so switch all the gender specific nouns and pronouns. Wow, I never thought I would find someone who wanted the same things out of a relationship that I do. I had always envisioned myself eventually compromising with someone so I wouldn't have to be alone, but this gives me hope that there really is someone out there for me. (I'm really hoping that didn't sound too creepy/stalkerish :? )

That didn't sound creepy at all. I would be interested if you are :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy.

Ideally, this how it should work.

In reality, this is not how it works.

I would still love her even if she didn't love me & I would do everything I could for her as long as she wanted to be with me

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
Megz wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Wow, the response I had hoped for, how often does that happen! :D So what happens next? Maybe move this conversation to PMs/email/texting? I probably should note that I'm a bit younger than you (19), but that doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 2:45 pm

Gwenwyn wrote:
From an idealistic perspective I would say don't give up. I don't know that I've seen how old you are in your posts, so this may or may not be a comfort, but my love was 20 before he had ever kissed/had a girlfriend. He has social anxiety disorder and not AS, but he too felt that it would just never happen.

Though it can be hard to do, I would recommend not worrying about it. Go and spend time with your friends, and if you need to, ask for their help in identifying when a person may be interested in you (so you don't miss possibilities).

I hope you don't have to 'settle' but if you do, then I wish you the most peaceful settling possible :)

Oh, and perhaps find a nice quiet girl who tends to be the one hiding in corners. They're often overlooked in favor of the more visible women.

I have my age listed in my profile but it's OK lots don't notice; I'm 28. Only time I had a girl was when I was 20 & I was acting like a disturbed psychotic ass & wasn't even looking for a relationship at the time. I've been wanting someone sense but I've had nothing but problems by trying so I sort of quit trying. I've been a lot happier without that stress but I'm still lonely. I have very few friends offline now & the advice I've gotten from friends is bad. I really do not think of this as settling. I've mostly been wanting someone who wants to be my best friend & wants to be with me

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 2:48 pm

Megz wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Megz wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Wow, the response I had hoped for, how often does that happen! :D So what happens next? Maybe move this conversation to PMs/email/texting? I probably should note that I'm a bit younger than you (19), but that doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you.

I'll PM you in a bit & the age difference isn't a problem for me

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

nick007 wrote:
I came to the very sad realization that women will not think of me as anything more than a good friend that they can turn to for emotional support. I would love to have a relationship but I'm tired of ruining friendships by asking for more. I would like to have an companion sense a relationship is unattainable for me because I really HATE being alone & I HATE sleeping by myself; I mean sleep in the literal sense; I'm not looking for or desiring a sexual thing but I would be open to it. I believe I would fall in love with most anyone after I'm with em a while & I think she would eventually love me to because of the way I would take care of her & do what I can to see her happy. Even if she never loved me; I would still be quite happy with her as long as she wanted to stay with me. I've thought about the mail-order bride thing a lot but I don't have the money or independence skills to travel & do it. A couple friends have suggested before that I find a girl with a drug problem & keep her wired but that is extremely WRONG. I'd like some other suggestions on how to find a companion

Same position here, dude. I am always the guy friend, and girls will never consider me as more than that. If I ever try and progress it to the next level, I end up ruining the friendship and feeling awful.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Good luck Nick007 and Megz. :thumright: Keep us informed of any developments.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

awwwwwww cute

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

Awww! I hope it works out for you guys nick007 and Megz. ^.^

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
awwwwwww cute

My thoughts exactly!! !! :roll:

Rossc09
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 8:19 pm

I go through all of this, and I want all that you do too- except I'm a woman.
I guess we're not alone.