Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

Just need to vent heh! I realise quite a bit of this is my own fault but I still need to rant. Anyone else been through something similar?
So pretty much, over the past year I've been in an asexual relationship with this guy.

I originally asked him for a relationship, he said yes, when he didn't actually like me like that. He grew to, made all these promises, like often happens in a relationship, then cheated on me by sleeping with another girl, then a few months after that we broke up because he said he was gay. Fair enough, but he started blanking me so I eventually said it'd be best to completely cut contact and we agreed. A month later he got back in touch with me, asking if I was okay etc, I was going through a slightly hard time and I let it slip that I missed the security of a relationship (a relationship - not him himself if that makes sense), and he asked me back out, thought about it for a week and said yes but that it'd take me a while to get to trust him again, he promised he loved me romantically and would stay with me. Earlier today I asked him for total honesty the consequences of what I'd feel be damned, and he admitted he'd only dated me again to make me feel better, so I thanked him for being honest and finished with him.

I'm relieved it's finally over for good. But I'm slightly annoyed at being messed about and just really needed to talk about it, and this forum is pretty much my home (that sounds cheesy but yeah...)

/Essay.
Grr.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

I don't know what to say except: *hugs*

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:53 pm

Well done on having the strength to walk away.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

03 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

He sounds like a jerk kittie. It's good you didn't get back in a relationship with him. i hope you feel better real soon

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

Sorry to hear that, Kittie. First and foremost, try not to take this personally at all. Unless it was all just lies of his, it sounds like this young man is experiencing some confusion about his sexuality and experimenting with different people, as part of the process of figuring it out. It probably had nothing at all to do with you.

I know it can hurt, though. I dated a boy in high school (was my date for senior prom, actually) who turned out to be gay. I was actually the first person he came out to because he said he felt he could trust me. Well, I appreciated that he trusted me and knew there was nothing I could have done differently, but it hurt a bit, regardless. I can remember (we were sitting in a booth in a diner at the time) thinking I would have rather he'd just grabbed a fork off the table and stabbed me in the eye with it instead of telling me that, lol.

Rossc09
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2011, 8:14 pm

Stay away from him at all costs!

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

He's the one that screwed himself over by cheating on you.

It takes a lot of inner strength to ask him directly afterwards and even more to walk away from it. I'd say you've got the right stuff and perhaps next time you'll be wiser in your choice of BF :)

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

Thankyou so so much for all the responses, feels a lot better to be able to vent and have that support. :D

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 2:58 pm

I can't add much more than the others have said...but yeah, he seems really confused, and you were unfortunately caught up in that. Hopefully the year that you two were together you were able to get something out of the relationship? I say this because it's all experience, right? Learning and growing.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

I see you are 15. I think you should be aware that relationships generally tend to be rocky during the teenage years. Most people don't marry their high school sweethearts.