Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

meredith1629
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

My name is Meredith and I do not have Asperger's. I am in an on-again/off-again relationship with a man who I believe does and am seeking some support/guidance.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Can someone point me to the correct forum that would help me the most? I saw the Dating and Relationship forum but that seems to be mostly for those who have AS. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Meredith

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, Meredith!

I'm not entirely sure myself...The general autism discussion gets the most attention, but this is primarily a forum for people on the spectrum, so pretty much wherever you go most people will have AS!
If you post your topic in the wrong place though, a moderator may move it to a better place for you.
Hope you find the help you're looking for :)

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 10:29 am

someone without AS is very welcome here to ask any questions they want, regulat people coming asking about their autistic partners is very normal in the dating section, happens all the time.

meredith1629
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

Thank you both for your responses. My boyfriend is undiagnosed but meets so many of the traits I've read in the literature that it seems he does land somewhere on the spectrum. I am trying to convince him to seek some help in learning more about AS and finding ways to cope or handle some situations differently that will make him feel more comfortable and self-assured.

I have been reading many of the posts in a couple of the sections and that has helped already with my understanding. :)

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

meredith1629 wrote:
My name is Meredith and I do not have Asperger's. I am in an on-again/off-again relationship with a man who I believe does and am seeking some support/guidance.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Can someone point me to the correct forum that would help me the most? I saw the Dating and Relationship forum but that seems to be mostly for those who have AS. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Meredith

Hi Meredith. I have seen posts from NTs asking for advise, so I think you can post with no problem. Maybe you can send an email to Alex asking for advise. I am NT myself, married to an Aspie and mother of an 11 years-old Aspie, trying to learn a little more. I think the first thing you should do is talk honestly to your fiance about your suspicions and why you think he might have AS. Maybe you can convince him of getting tested. Good luck!