Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ItalianStallion1119
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

I told you guys of how I've been failing to get a job forever and last week I finally got an interview at Wal-Mart...

I had an interview last Wednesday, took a drug test on last Thursday and was told that my results would be recieved by Wal-Mart in 24-48 hrs. Now I was told if I passed the test my orientation would be next Saturday and I would start the Monday after. I never took drugs so I know I'm good.

Okay so everything sounds good. Well anyway on Friday, the local movie theater calls and wants to interview me...now because I'm basically hired by Wal-Mart pending the drug test, which I know is good, I tell the movie theater that I'm no longer interested.

Okay so I don't get a call in the 2 days after the drug test, and since it was 4th of July weekend I decide that the drug test place was closed for the holiday and I would probably get a call on the 5th.

So Tuesday (5th) rolls by and I didn't get a call, I'm starting to wonder what was going on, I say "Okay probably tomorrow morning." Wednesday comes around and no one has called by noon, so I take it upon myself to call the store...no answer. I say maybe there on lunch...I call back at 1...no answer, 2....no answer, 2:30...no answer

WTF is going on. Every time prior that I've called that number, someone has answered it saying "Welcome to *City Name* Walmart, how can I help you?" It was the store's main number...why weren't they answering.

So I call the number that the lady who called me for my interview called me on...no answer.

---

I got up today at 10 in the morning and called the store again...NO ANSWER

Waited an hour...NO ANSWER AGAIN...called the other number...you guessed it...NO ANSWER

So I took it upon myself to go down to the store and see what the hell was going on. When I ask to speak to the manager they tell me to go right in and what happened might you asked...they never got my drug test.

Now the rule is that you have to submit a drug test the day after your interview. If you don't, you can't get hired by the company for a FULL YEAR...now I did the drug test, the lady signed it...when I called the only explanation I got is that I could of gotten lost so I'm going to see if I can take this to court.

So now when I called the movie theather back to say that there was a miscommunication with the hiring process in the job I told them I had...they said that the spots got filled and they aren't hiring.

ARE YOU F#@%IN KIDDING ME...That is MY HORRIBLE LUCK...now why couldn't the movie theater or another place call me about 2 months earlier

WHAT DO I DO ANYMORE??? WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER???

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

Man, that sucks. Could you get the drug testing company to explain that you took the test on time to the Walmart people?

bigdango
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2011, 11:02 pm

Would only say that large companies like walmart and HR departments in general are notorious for messing people around. They don't deserve your trust or respect until you are employed. The positive thing is that you got offered 2 jobs so you must be doing something right.

ItalianStallion1119

07 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Megz wrote:
Man, that sucks. Could you get the drug testing company to explain that you took the test on time to the Walmart people?

That's the thing...the written document that had the time/date and signature of the tester was lost as well. That's why I'm gonna try to take this to court or something

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

Wow, yeah. I would definitely have a fit or something. Those people need to get their act together! Good luck with the legal stuff

Aldran
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2011, 1:17 am

As much as it sucked, I would suggest avoiding Legal Action. There is no right to a job because the perspective employer "lost the paperwork". All Wal-mart would have to do is say that they decided not to hire you, no matter what the reason was. You could sue them for w/e paperwork they have on it, but that could get "lost" too. At the end of which you're stuck with a Lawyer bill.......

If you had a video of them "losing it", you could prove something (Probably), and maybe get somewhere. At the very least you might be able to determine a legitimate reason to why they didn't hire you. But bar that you're pretty much outta luck.

I could say alot on this topic (BS Employment Practices), but at the end of the day it won't make you feel any better, nor will it get you a job.

I will ask, did you tell them that you were Aspie? Did you tell them on your Application? Did you tell them during your Interview? It could even be as simple as that the interviewer decided to not hire you, but didn't want to tell you that they didn't want to hire you. Or maybe it was a legitimate paperwork screw up. Either way, all I can say is keep lookin man, you'll get one eventually. Try your local Work Source (Thats what its called in WA. IDK about other states, but IIRC most if not all states have an organization that recieves state funds to help find work for the unemployed).

Edited to add:
NEVER tell a perspective job that you're no longer interested unless you've already gotten your work schedule for another job (IE totally hired), and even then its a good Idea to proceed with the hiring process until the last moment in case the job you just got doesn't work out, or turns out to be unbearable.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

... you need a drug test to work at wallmart??

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

Lene wrote:

Beat me to it.

ItalianStallion1119

08 Jul 2011, 8:49 pm

Lene wrote:

Yep.