Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

olgalaloca
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2011, 5:58 am

I did become indepedent from my parents but thanks to French social welfare ( grants for students+ disability help = enough to survive)

olgalaloca
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2011, 6:18 am

sorry this post was for the topic " did you achive finacial independance ? "

it should not be alone like that

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

Nope. 27 years old and still living with parents. Unemployed since 2003. Some people fantasize about having millions of dollars, a mansion, and sports cars. I fantasize about having enough income to rent a studio apartment. I might be a piece of crap, but it'll be mine.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

Technically, I have enough coming in to support myself and get by month to month on my own and have some left over if I'm very careful with my spending.

However, I'm staying with my parents and paying rent because it's a whole lot cheaper...especially with the current economy. They're retired, so the extra set of hands and money to pay bills isn't bad for them either. As I have no real life of my own, it's not a problem sharing a roof with them. More so, I'm hoping to get a "real job" that offers a future, and since the odds are it cold be anywhere at anytime, I'm hesitant to get my own place again knowing I'd likely be tied to lease agreements and such.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Just turned 28 and living with my parents, despite having a master's degree. Except for a period of about six weeks, I've been unemployed since completing my master's in Dec. '09. I've had jobs before, but they never paid enough for me to support myself.