Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Alex_W
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2011, 4:30 am

I would like to share this with anyone that will be having children in the near future or who are considering having children.
It is a radio show entitled Visions of Parenthood by Lenon Honor and his wife Ayida Honor.
If you have the time to listen it is very informative.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/soul-visio ... enon-honor

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 5:03 am

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:24 am

Roman wrote:
Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

You have to understand these quotations in the context of the times and I think you have really taken them OUT of context here.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:41 am

All I can say is this:

It was amazing to me how complicated that whole decision was. It was so far off my radar ... but my husband said we had to think it through in case we had a boy. So we did. And I hated it, the studying, the weighing, the consideration of things that I cannot for one second relate to.

After all that, I told my husband it was his decision, and I was staying out of it.

LornaDoone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

Bombaloo wrote:
Roman wrote:

You have to understand these quotations in the context of the times and I think you have really taken them OUT of context here.

Ditto

LornaDoone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2011, 1:58 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:

After all that, I told my husband it was his decision, and I was staying out of it.

That was my approach mostly. However, we didn't put much thought into it. We just did it naturally. Didn't even really think about it. Custom perhaps and I'm fine with customs.

Kailuamom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

We agonized about it, and decided to go ahead with it. My DH said that if his brand new baby was going to have a surgery, he would go with him. SO, DH went with each boy, it was pretty rough for both of them, but don't think either regrets the decision.

LornaDoone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

I dont know if my son felt any pain or not, but he hardly batted an eyelash. No more than when he gets shots. Wonder if that was an autism thing. hyposensitive to pain and hot/cold.

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 6:57 pm

the logical way as we all talk about, if it's there for a reason don't ever consider removing it!!

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

I understand for medical reasons other than that I dont

Last edited by Annmaria on 30 Jul 2011, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 5:09 am

Lets get down to facts, you are chopping off a part of someone elses penis without their informed consent. How is that supposed to be justifiable?!

Lauren
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jul 2011, 8:14 am

Annmaria wrote:
the logical way as we all talk about, if it's there for a reason don't ever consider removing it!!

I agree. Neither of my boys are circ'ed. We've never had a problem with infections or anything like that.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

When I as pregnant I prepared myself for this decision. The 'American' custom of circumcising was introduced by the Victorians as a method of curtailing masturbation. By removing so many pleasurable nerve endings and forcing keritinization thus desensitization of the part in question, sexual 'deviance' was thought to be controlled. In modern days, there are all sorts of arguements and 'official' justifications for circumcision. The fact of the matter is, no health organization in the world recommends infant circumcision for the prevention of anything.

If a grown man wishes to have himself circumcised, more power to him. Forcing permanent cosmetic surgery on an infant that will permanently affect the functioning of a very intimate part of his life feels unethical to me. It is illegal to tattoo an infant and while permanent that does not remove a functioning body part. Baby girls are protected from any form of genital alteration - in fact it is seen as barbaric to circumcise girls. Why the huge difference in opinion for boys?

His body, his choice.

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 7:46 pm

I did not have either of our boys circumcised and I was almost beginning to regret our decision with our ASD son for a short while when at 5 the skin had still not loosened enough to be fully retracted. It was pretty much constantly irritated, not badly but enough to make bath time frustrating for a whole new set of reasons. It finally just retracted and once that happened, keeping it clean became easier and the battle ceased, whew :) !

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

I agree with draelynn was going to get into the whole reason of why not. we want to talk about customs/religion, we must also talk about common sense? Parents with children that are different/or any parent, why would we want to do anything that makes our child stand out even more? someone pls explain.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Bombaloo wrote:
I did not have either of our boys circumcised and I was almost beginning to regret our decision with our ASD son for a short while when at 5 the skin had still not loosened enough to be fully retracted. It was pretty much constantly irritated, not badly but enough to make bath time frustrating for a whole new set of reasons. It finally just retracted and once that happened, keeping it clean became easier and the battle ceased, whew :) !

Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this but, its not supposed to retract until they are about 12 or older. Forcing it before or trying to which you obviously were doing is what causes infections and irritation. My son is 9 and he has even had surgery on his urethra (a genetic deformity) three times (he had complications from a betadine allergy), no one forced his foreskin back and he has not had any problems with it. When its ready it happens itself you are not supposed to push at it or try to clean under it or force it back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forcible_r ... e_foreskin