Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Alex_W
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

http://www.safecosmetics.org/section.php?id=46

Does anyone agree/disagree with or have a good idea as to how much of an effect these chemicals can have? I've seen how common these can be seen in ingredients of various products and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts they would share.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

Honestly, I don't worry about that stuff. Seems like every time they come up with a public scare about some chemical in a food or shampoo or whatever, and they get everybody to stop buying, it later turns out to be all about patent rights and corporate warfare. Remember the big scare about deodorants causing lymph cancer? They proved that yes it was true, but you'd have to use something like 800,000 gallons of deodorant every 8 minutes for 70,000,000 years, or something like that.

So if I get some kind of bizarre illness and die from using good old-fashioned soap in the shower, at least I'll smell good for the morticians.

Charles

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Everything you touch, eat, drink, breathe, smell, wear or even look at will kill you. Yes, I get it. :roll: I just don't give a rat's tail anymore because being paranoid and worried will kill you even faster or just make you wish you were dead.