One of my teachers brags about beating up my dad

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

Well, the title just about says it all. This teacher tells the class stories about how he "beat the s**t out of" my dad once. The real story is that this teacher has a son who is a bully, this guy threw eggs at our house. So my dad goes over to teachers house and tells him about it. But teacher is drunk and tells my dad that our whole family is whack jobs. Then my dad leaves. There wasn't even a fight, it was just this drunk f**king teacher havin an argument with my dad.

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Consider reporting the teacher to the school board with the assistance of your father.

This is completely unprofessional behavior.

If the situation is as you report it, the guy should not be teaching.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

Reported it to the principal but all he did was say he tookcare of it.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:27 pm

Probably means he talked to the teacher and the teacher said he had not done any such thing.

Contact the superintendent, that would be my next move if this teacher does not apologize. Demand a meeting with the superintendent, your principal, your dad, and you.

This one of your teachers sounds like a two-year-old.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm

Well that's difficult. It's the summer. I'm just venting it's all passed over although I regret not doing much. I told my dad and he was the one who talked to the principal.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:40 pm

Oh. Well if it still bothers you in the fall I'd call a meeting. Otherwise... water under the bridge I guess. You dealt with a teacher who acts like a toddler and survived.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:42 pm

It bothers me a lot that he could just push my family around like that. But if it bothers me too much I could just go tell him so like my dad did...

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:56 pm

Yeah understood. Well I'd go to the superintendent once school starts again and ask for a meeting. Or call now and see if one is possible now.

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2011, 11:09 pm

Yes see the principal, if it doesn't stop immediately then see him again to explain that you're going to be filing a formal complaint for harassment against him.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

Yeah my dad says he just wants me toget a free education and not cause any trouble though.

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

Your teacher needs to focus on teaching instead of harassing students.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 8:13 am

There is a number of things that you can do, from your father filing a police report the next time private property is defaced with eggs to your father addressing his complaint about the teacher's lack of professionalism with the Superintendent, however if the teacher has tenure, there is very little consequences that will become the teacher. An underhanded retaliation is to circulate rumors of his alcoholism and violent temperament, that he will physically assault students' parents and is known to get into "brawls", that he'll even brag about them, and the suggestion that he's even drunk while teaching many days. If you don't know how to successfully spread a rumor, don't bother with this. The best thing you can do is to simply be moved out of his class.

Andoryuu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2011, 7:37 pm

Sounds like my whole school district. There's one woman who's a substitute teacher, and she encourages her son to vandalize random people's property. Including mine. She just decides to randomly hate some people. And of course, at least where I live, random hatred is what gets you liked.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2011, 7:39 am

aspie48 wrote:
Well, the title just about says it all. This teacher tells the class stories about how he "beat the s**t out of" my dad once. The real story is that this teacher has a son who is a bully, this guy threw eggs at our house. So my dad goes over to teachers house and tells him about it. But teacher is drunk and tells my dad that our whole family is whack jobs. Then my dad leaves. There wasn't even a fight, it was just this drunk f**king teacher havin an argument with my dad.

If that was me the teacher should be stabbed or beat the crap out of him

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 7:48 am

Tongue-in-cheek: Maybe you could have your mom go to a PTA meeting ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZPBUu7Fro[/youtube]
Seriously though, I would definitely find some way to either get a recording of that teacher telling his students what he claims to have done or else gather a few witnesses and then go to a high official or two on the school board (or even to a local newspaper) if he ever does that again.