Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 7:49 am

Im going to be making my own social network for the hell of it for a project.
How can I make it without having any risks about getting sued (Privacy Policy Wise etc), and without employing some sort of lawyer??
Or can't I?

So so so sorry, for my idiotic ignorance.
I think I know the answer.
The answer is no, but I just want to make sure.

Masato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2011, 7:53 am

Let people decide if their information is published publicly en let people put in their own information. When you do that, it's their responsibility because they putted it online in the first place. No one can blame you if they aren't happy with their information being online.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 7:54 am

Masato wrote:
Let people decide if their information is published publicly en let people put in their own information. When you do that, it's their responsibility because they putted it online in the first place.

Ok.
But what about the Terms and Agreements area of the website?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

Madbones wrote:
How can I make it without having any risks about getting sued (Privacy Policy Wise etc), and without employing some sort of lawyer??
Study the published policies of other sites.

You may need to investigate how the Data Protection Act will impact what you're doing - as it says here ( http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations ... ction.aspx ) "If you handle personal information about individuals, you have a number of legal obligations to protect that information under the Data Protection Act 1998."