Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:10 am

As some of you know, I am a negative person and I have had lots of negative run-ons with people. I often find that I have several flaws such as I talk too loud as I think the volume maybe too loud. So I sometimes get others mad at me for appearing to talk to loud and then I often feel bad. A recent example of this happened with I was at a convention in a writer's track panel and the room was long and large and there were no microphones and so I had to shout across the room. However, a friend was in front who also has AS and has worse sensory in hearing than I do and had to cover his ears when I was shouting. He also is a very negative soul like myself and left the room annoyed with a huff and it left me feeling bad so I came up with an idea that it was my curse. I then said to myself that I was really discovering my super powers where I send off ultra sonic waves every time I shout and use them to fight crime. I also said that my friend was also first to discover the curse in realizing how bad those waves are and I have to be careful.

Is this still negative or is that pretty funny?

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 6:00 am

I think that you have used humor successfully, though people like me rarely laugh at jokes like these. If I were the friend and I heard that joke, I might forgive you. :) Just to digress, when I was still a tot, my parents encouraged me to cultivate a loud voice to compensate my shyness. But... Even now, I always forget to keep my voice low when appropriate. People sometimes stare at me and librarians sometimes warn me to "be more considerate".

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 9:03 am

He is someone who is very particular in almost every area and angle of his life and if those areas are not met then pandora's box is opened on his end. He can make you feel so bad about those areas too and I have often found myself crying or being simply negative and angry at him back and I realize that I can't let attitude eat me alive anymore. I need some other ideas to help me stay positive and happy so that I don't let what others do get to me.

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

Miyah wrote:
He is someone who is very particular in almost every area and angle of his life and if those areas are not met then pandora's box is opened on his end.

Whoever this is, he is being a pain.

Miyah wrote:
He can make you feel so bad about those areas too and I have often found myself crying or being simply negative and angry at him back and I realize that I can't let attitude eat me alive anymore. I need some other ideas to help me stay positive and happy so that I don't let what others do get to me.

Sometimes it takes an effort of will to remain cheerful enough and positive even when someone else wants to drag you into their problems. It's almost never easy, but it can help.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

All in all, this is a very likable and interesting person but his attitude is killer and makes everyone around him in a room uncomfortable. He just isn't a very fun guy if you know what I mean, while everything is very doom and gloom.