Webpages Explaining Aspergers To Show To Your Friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

My 4 best friends (2 from school, 1 from camp, and my cousin) know that i have Aspergers. My friend from camp knows a lot about it, and actually asked me if i had it, and my cousin knows a bit about it, and the other 2 don't know anything except what I've told them. I suck at explaining things, and there's so much to cover that i would like to refer them to a webpage with a lot of useful information. Maybe i could print it out and make notes about what pertains to me. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good webpage that explains AS hopefully in a way teenage girls can understand? They a re completely open to the idea of Asperges, but know nothing about it, so I would like to direct them to some good information so that they can better understand me and help me socially, just as I help them acedemically.

Thanks sooo much in advance! I know my friends are my greatest assets in high school so I want them to be informed.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

Link

to his Interest."

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2011, 5:45 am

Thank you that's perfect! Exactly what I was looking for! I will show it tho my friends!

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

I downloaded the guide and personalized it a little, by adding some things that i have difficult with, but were not mentioned by greenturtle. I have emailed it to my friends! If anyone has anymore webpages or anything, feel free to post them! Even if i don't use them, I'm sure someone else in this situation will!

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

I just direct them to wikipedia, because I suck at explaining it. At this point, more people know because it probably spread as rumors in a few social cliques.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

well, wikipedia is in this case not the best resource to use, even though it usually is a good starting point,

if you want something in the manner of wikipedia, i found this site to be more effective then the wikipedia one.
it is sarcastic and kind of edgy, but if you use explain it to be a sarcastic vieuw from autism into the NT world; and explaining AS would be reversing the statements on that page, i myself value it over the standard wikipedia page