Why do apies act so bitter on wrongplanet?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Green89tom
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2011, 1:16 am

Wish this site had more positive people on it and why do people say all apies and people autism have savant skills. I am apies and I don't have any savant skills. I want a cure for my disorder.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 1:34 am

My irony detector is reading levels way off the charts.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 3:27 am

Though I haven't been a member even a whole month yet, it seems to me that WrongPlanet is the one 'safe' place to unburden ourselves of our sadness, bitterness, confusion, embarassment without fear of the dismissive responses that many neurodiverse people are overwhelmed by every day, all the time. We can say what we need to say and be understood as just needing someone to hear us who really understands. No one does understand, though, but other neurodiverse individuals. have you read some of the messages in the Haven? Sylkat :(

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:00 am

...aspies, not aspies... :)

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:01 am

Aspies, not apies..... :)

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:06 am

Then why don't you attend a site where "positive" morons spread their positive illusions about themselves and the universe? :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:18 am

I'm glad there isn't a cure.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:36 am

We cant express what we truely feel to the outside world. So we fuel all our feelings in the posts on wrongplanet. Its a safe space to express ourselves. Majority of us dont have safe spaces to express ourselves outside. We live tough lives, theres so much anger that builds up from everyday frustrations.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:36 am

I don't have 'savant skills'. Even the medical community knows idiotic savantism has little correlation with us. Why don't you go to reddit. I am sure you'll find that your assumption about us being nastier is a load of rubbish... unless you're self-deluding...

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:48 am

I think people find WP is a place where they can share and express things they don't have the opportunity to in the rest of their lives. Everyone needs to vent somewhere and it doesn't mean that everyone on WP is miserable... or at least not in every area of their lives.

I read somewhere recently that about 10% of people with autism are meant to have some kind of splinter or savant skill - don't remember where though to verify how accurate that figure is.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:01 am

MudandStars wrote:
I think people find WP is a place where they can share and express things they don't have the opportunity to in the rest of their lives. Everyone needs to vent somewhere and it doesn't mean that everyone on WP is miserable... or at least not in every area of their lives.

I read somewhere recently that about 10% of people with autism are meant to have some kind of splinter or savant skill - don't remember where though to verify how accurate that figure is.

People thought the guy from Rain man had autism. It's proven that he doesn't. I don't trust figures. They're often made by people who use the slapdash approach to verifying autism.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:40 am

Dear Gedrene, I was not aware that the individual Dustin Hoffman based his 'Rainman' character was not actually an autistic, I had read for years that he was/is..can I ask what his diagnosis really is? Sylkat is

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:55 am

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Gedrene, I was not aware that the individual Dustin Hoffman based his 'Rainman' character was not actually an autistic, I had read for years that he was/is..can I ask what his diagnosis really is? Sylkat is

The man who the Rainman was based on it is believed to have had FG syndrome. He just was called autistic at the time. This arised from the fact that autism as a diagnosis is a 'junk taxon', where all sorts of seperate disorders are thrown under the same umbrella because of vaguely and even tenuously connected or similar symptoms, rather than any neurological medical basis.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:02 am

Dear Gedrene, thank you very much for the information, I'm pretty new here, and definitely new at knowing much about Asperger's. I appreciate so much when more senior members or people who have been diagnosed longer share things with me that I can look up in order to better understand things. Again, thank you Sylkat :)

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 8:24 am

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Gedrene, thank you very much for the information, I'm pretty new here, and definitely new at knowing much about Asperger's. I appreciate so much when more senior members or people who have been diagnosed longer share things with me that I can look up in order to better understand things. Again, thank you Sylkat :)

No need to end your comments with your name Sylkat :P This isn't a posting to an agony aunt. You can check the information yourself if you want about him having FG. You'll learn very quickly to take what people say to you the first time witha pinch of salt.

milkman3817
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2011, 8:28 am

I come in here to learn how to live in a more posative light. I have yet to find much of it. I like your question because it in its self is a source of inspiration that makes me self reflect on just what it is that really makes me happy. To often I forget that I am at my best when I am the source of inspiration for other people.

I have my faults and a lot of cleaning up to do but as long as I keep thinking like this things are going to get better one way or another. Be bold, trust your heart, and don't let people f**k with your dreams.