Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

LjosalfrBlot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2011, 7:42 pm

Does anyone around here actually enjoy these? Obviously Tetris is a good one though... because facebook game creators didn't come up with it. Other than that one, the rest are complete wastes of time/pointless. Agreed?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

AGREED! I have to block this application so many times. It clutters up the newsfeed, too.

animalfreak123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2011, 11:50 pm

:D Glad I'm not the only on the spectrum that feels it's a waste of time playing those!!!I get sick n tired of people sending me game requests all the time,it really bothers me.I don't play them,and yet I still get these every day.I even managed for my Grandma to acess my account and play them,because she likes too play them and also uses my Uncle Jim's account.But I still get requests from her.I used facebook more as a socializing journal then anything else and to figure out when a friend messages and wants to take me somewhere.I do like to play mindjolt games every once in a while. :)

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:02 am

I've stopped playing Facebook games since they require you to constantly bother everyone about them in order to do well. I did Mafia Wars for a while, but eventually got fed up with falling behind because of my small circle of friends and decided I'd rather stop playing than turn into a complete pain in the *** to everyone about it.

AQ: 33

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 4:19 am

I used to play Facebook games but I quit them for multiple reasons.

1. I got tired of having to play them every day or two. If I didn't in some there would be consequences like things dying.
2. I have no friends that play these games so there were many things I could never have. I'm not going to add random people from the internet either. Except for one person the people on my Facebook are people I know in real life.
3. I won't spend real money on these games so there are many things I can never have.

Now I just try to remember to play Fishville every 2 or 3 days so my 7 deep sea anglers don't die.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

Facebook games are boring and tedious.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 4:54 am

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STINKIN' SAD BROWN COW!

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 12:17 pm

I'm a big console gamer, so yes, I really dislike those Facebook games, especially when people send me requests for them.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2011, 2:28 am

I dislike them too with the exception of Gaia Online's Monster Galaxy, Neopets' Treasure Keepers and Tetris Battle. I hate that you always have to send requests to people. I only go to Facebook to keep on contact with family and hardly any of them play the game on it.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 3:55 am

Do people actually still play these? I don't see any of them in my news feed at all. But then, maybe I'm just friends with the right people :P

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

I don't play Facebook games. A while back my exgf and her mom and aunt made me get farmville so I could send them gifts or something. That didn't last too long. I dislike that you have to deactive https in order to use the games, and that they have full access to all of your facebook information. Not worth it

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
I've stopped playing Facebook games since they require you to constantly bother everyone about them in order to do well.

Yes. That.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 4:48 am

I hate any kind of social network games and at times MMORPGs as they are both money grabbing, overpaid, soul draining, socially inept immaculates.
If you want a drink, you go to the pub.
If you want to search on the web, you use Google.
If you want to play a game, you play one on a console.

lazuruswolf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

I get requests now and then and just shove them on ignore it's a situation where I feel for the sake of being diplomatic it's the best way for everyone involved I don't like annoying people on the subject that said one friend of mine has asked me time and again and he got the message once I blocked all the game requests. I do enough gaming without need to do it on facebook!

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

I used to play Farmtown (the "original" farm game) and a few similar games for a while, but quit because it just got too tedious and all the annoying "nag" screens to bug my friends and spam my wall. Nearly everything else is blocked - Farmville, Fishville, Cityville, Mob Wars, Cafe World, etc. I still play Wheel of Fortune, but even that is not perfect - I once actually had to disable all posting on my wall for a while because other players of the game would clutter it up with notifications. On the other hand,spamming your friends is not required to play and do well.