Hello from Ireland I am another newbie!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Polly_Pocket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

Hi, everyone!
I have never been a member of any forums or chat rooms before, and I am really nervous about joining your community. I would like to have a photo or picture beside my name like the rest of you guys, but I am completely clueless as to how to! :?
- I am getting really frustrated and annoyed with myself that even on-line I am failing before I have even started!
- Is there any tech advice you guys and girls could give me?
And of course any other comments are welcome. :wink:
Polly♥

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

Hello Polly_Pocket. Welcome to WP. Hope you like it here!

Whereabouts are you from in Ireland, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Oh, as for avatars? You need to go to My Account > Edit Profile > Avatar Control Panel > Upload Through Forum Profile > then you need to choose an image that is 130x160px and below 15.77Kb > select it to upload and you should be away!

I don't know if avatar privileges come after a certain number of posts though. :)

Polly_Pocket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

Thank you! for your advice and for replying so quickly, I am not the fastest of typists so forgive me for any delays in my replies! As for your advice I will give it a try!
If it doesn't work maybe someone else will know how many posts I need to qualify for 'avatar' priviledges!
I am from the north but as it is such a small place its probably safer for me not to specify exact details publicly just yet!- I have been warned to be careful on forums with how much I disclose- Please don't be offended!
I am an adult female awaiting diagnosis and a student. I would like to visit the discussions here, say hi once in a while and try and make some long distance acquaintances...... who may be a little like me or who share similar strengths weaknesses and/or interests :D

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

Howdy!

As Tequila provided, the instructions are there once you've got an image file in mind. It's not a necessity though (at least, no one's told me so yet). As for other tech advice, feel free to ask; many folks here are friendly. Agus fáilte go WrongPlanet!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

Polly_Pocket wrote:
Thank you! for your advice and for replying so quickly

It's not a problem! :)

Polly_Pocket wrote:
I am not the fastest of typists so forgive me for any delays in my replies!

Don't worry about it - you're doing fine so far!

Polly_Pocket wrote:
As for your advice I will give it a try!

Excellent stuff!

Polly_Pocket wrote:
I am from the north but as it is such a small place its probably safer for me not to specify exact details publicly just yet!

I know Northern Ireland relatively well compared to the average Englishman although not as well as those who served there. I've visited five times in the past three years and have been right across the Province looking at various things. Northern Ireland is an absolutely smashing place with lots to see and do. I can confirm that the scran's pretty damn good there too - the Irish breakfast is the food of the gods. The Ulster fry's not bad either.

Although Northern Ireland isn't that small in terms of geographical area - it's slightly smaller than the whole of the North West of England with just a quarter of the population of the North West - I understand quite well that, yes, in social terms NI is a very small place and so I can understand why you might be reluctant to share. :)

Polly_Pocket wrote:
I have been warned to be careful on forums with how much I disclose

That's good advice, especially if you're female.

Polly_Pocket wrote:
Please don't be offended!

I'm not! :)

Polly_Pocket wrote:
I am an adult female awaiting diagnosis and a student.

Good stuff. :)

Polly_Pocket wrote:
I would like to visit the discussions here, say hi once in a while and try and make some long distance acquaintances...... who may be a little like me or who share similar strengths weaknesses and/or interests :D

What are your interests? There are people that will share most - if not all - of your interests here. :)

Staniel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 5:15 pm

Cool, I'm from NI too.

Polly_Pocket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

Howdy and hello! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!
You are right about N.I -on a good day it is as beautiful as anywhere on Earth especially the north Antrim coast and the Mournes!
As for interests I go through phases.........
but my lifelong love is reading -EVERYTHING!
I go through phases between fiction -(fantasy) as well as art, botany and and science!
I have to go for now but I will be back soon and will say hi! ♥

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

Greetings and welcome to Wrong Planet!

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :)

As for rank limits, the only one is a custom rank as far as I know.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 9:33 pm

Welcome, Ms. Pocket!

An bhfuil an abairt seo i bhfoirm inghlactha na Gaeilge?

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

Welkome to WP!

Mick :)