Question about experience with xanax.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Nioz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Nov 2011, 8:27 am

I've recently been given this by my doctor, since I'm undiagnosed, I've recieved them for anxiety.
I notice my daydreaming has nearly completely stopped, but results into me talking to myself more internally, basicly replacing daydreaming but without the visual part.
Sorry for making a topic for such a small question, I have looked through the other topics but couldn't find any answer related to this question, but I might have missed it.

thanks in advance.

reddreadred
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Nov 2011, 10:00 am

Getting a diagnoses will help with some of your anxiety because it will quell the uncertainty. Go see a neuropsychologist, but make sure they're knowledgeable about ASD beforehand. I was prescribed Xanax on perhaps four different occasions (before I was diagnosed) by doctors in urgent cares as well as my primary physician because I would go in with palpitations brought on by anxiety. I have only taken it twice in my life and am not a fan. I still struggle with anxiety, but it has been much better since my diagnoses because when it's happening I understand why.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

I've been prescribed .25 mg of Xanax (taken up to 3 times per day) for the past 7 years. It has worked wonders for me. Before taking it, my anxiety was totally out of control, but now I'm able to relax. It hasn't affected my daydreaming at all - I still daydream just as much as I did before taking it. Which is a good thing, because one of the reasons I used to be afraid of taking psychiatric drugs was because I thought that they would destroy my imaginary world.