Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jackmt
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2012, 1:04 am

A couple of weeks ago in my Aspie group we learned that every one of us was born in a cold month. In another group of Aspies, I learned that 90% were born in cold months. I tried (half-heartedly) to look up birth statistics and found an article saying that there was a 91% increase in autism spectrum births for those conceived in winter. Most of those in both groups above were born in late fall to early winter.

However, two of my siblings, both of whom I suspect are Aspies, were born in August, which would place their conceptions in mid to late November.

How about everyone posting their birth month and see what comes of it?
And while we're at it, let's add handedness as a later poster suggests.
I'm a leftie.

Last edited by jackmt on 08 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 1:21 am

Interesting... I heard something similar about Schizophrenia except their births are clustered more around Spring and early Summer.

I was born in mid September, as were 4 others of my 8 sibs. This tells me my parents liked to have New Year's Eve sex. Eeeew.

I would think to do a proper study, you would need to see if the months of conception were actually cold that year. Is it the weather or the alignment of the planets?

Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jan 2012, 1:28 am

I was born on Sept 21, basically always around the 1st day of fall. Me and another aspie friend are discussing this topic right now (because of this post) trying to figure out if you're on to something..

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2012, 3:47 am

I was born in december. Now I wander why have autism. This fits all purfectly now

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 7:48 am

I was born on Sept 28-I was a christmas conceived baby.

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 7:50 am

I was born on February -- and most autistics I've known personally were born somewhere between January and February. I don't know if it's coincidental or something, but oh, well.

recycledwit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

January for me! My birthday was yesterday. :) I had never heard this before, but it's very interesting.

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 12:00 pm

recycledwit wrote:
January for me! My birthday was yesterday. :) I had never heard this before, but it's very interesting.

Happy birthday!

I was born 12/21 (sometimes winter solstice).

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Ozzer wrote:
recycledwit wrote:

Happy birthday!

You know the world might end on your birthday :lol:

Ozzer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

Lady-ivy wrote:
Ozzer wrote:
recycledwit wrote:

Happy birthday!

You know the world might end on your birthday :lol:

I know! I'm pretty excited about that! :lol:

jackmt
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

unduki wrote:
Interesting... I heard something similar about Schizophrenia except their births are clustered more around Spring and early Summer.

I was born in mid September, as were 4 others of my 8 sibs. This tells me my parents liked to have New Year's Eve sex. Eeeew.

I would think to do a proper study, you would need to see if the months of conception were actually cold that year. Is it the weather or the alignment of the planets?

I have a hypothesis that there are times when people tend to have less sex, and when they finally do, they impregenate with old sperm. The male should have several ejaculations prior to impregnation to ensure fresh sperm. I was born in late February, putting me conceived in late May. But I am an Irish twin, conceived two months after my older brother's birth. This seems to fit. I think the problem may be strongly correlated to cold months but may not have a direct causal relationship. I have a similar theory about why astrology holds to the degree it does. It has nothing to do with the stars themselves, but the consistent correlation of months and constellations.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

jackmt wrote:
unduki wrote:

I have a hypothesis that there are times when people tend to have less sex, and when they finally do, they impregenate with old sperm. The male should have several ejaculations prior to impregnation to ensure fresh sperm. I was born in late February, putting me conceived in late May. But I am an Irish twin, conceived two months after my older brother's birth. This seems to fit. I think the problem may be strongly correlated to cold months but may not have a direct causal relationship. I have a similar theory about why astrology holds to the degree it does. It has nothing to do with the stars themselves, but the consistent correlation of months and constellations.

Not only is old sperm suspect, but a man's age can be something to consider. A lot of Schizophrenics were fathered by men over 55 yrs.

jackmt
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

unduki wrote:
jackmt wrote:
unduki wrote:

Not only is old sperm suspect, but a man's age can be something to consider. A lot of Schizophrenics were fathered by men over 55 yrs.

Older men tend to engage in sex less frequently.

jackmt
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

I wonder if this thread shouldn't be in the general section and not in the off topic section. Does anyone know if it can be moved and how?

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 10:46 pm

^ Ask a moderator

I've known so many people on the spectrum with birthdays in February...myself included

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 4:30 pm

My birthday is June 1st.