Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Oddly my favourite console. I love Wonder Boy.

bluntedboywonder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Bun wrote:
Oddly my favourite console. I love Wonder Boy.

I haz eet!

:) Got it for my birthday in 1992 and it still works. I lost both my controllers but I bought new ones several years ago from a second-hand store. :

I have Wonder Boy, I suppose you mean the "endless runner" Wonder Boy?

I also have a Sega Game Gear with Wonder Boy In The Dragon's Trap. Seriously, that's one of the best games ever released for 8-bit Sega.

Diagnosis: Have Aspergers - Diagnosed

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Yeah, I had all three Wonder Boy games for SMS, but I indeed meant the Endless Runner one. I got mine off my neighbour, I think it was in the same year. Sonic for SMS was lovely too, though I played the Genesis one before, and I was surprised the SMS had a different game.

bluntedboywonder

10 Jan 2012, 2:11 pm

Bun wrote:
Yeah, I had all three Wonder Boy games for SMS, but I indeed meant the Endless Runner one. I got mine off my neighbour, I think it was in the same year. Sonic for SMS was lovely too, though I played the Genesis one before, and I was surprised the SMS had a different game.

yeah, so often games for SMS were rushed, simplified knock-offs of their big 16-bit brothers. Not Sonic :)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

I don't know what a SMS is but I had a Game Gear with sh**loads of games on it, it broke when I was 12 when I was on a holiday somewhere in Italy (Gubbio I think). I remember a female friend of mine, managed to complete sonic the hedgehog multiple times without hassle and she was a NT.

Berns
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2012, 2:45 am

I used to have a Sega Master System around the age of 12, it was the North American version of the Sega MK III (the 3rd revision of the SG-1000) with no FM sound. I would play Hang On and Gangster Town (with the light gun).

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:03 am

Uprising wrote:
I don't know what a SMS is but I had a Game Gear with sh**loads of games on it, it broke when I was 12 when I was on a holiday somewhere in Italy (Gubbio I think). I remember a female friend of mine, managed to complete sonic the hedgehog multiple times without hassle and she was a NT.

Games for Game Gear and SMS were often similar/ same ones.

What about Sonic 2 for GG? I found the gameplay baffling, do you remember one of the first levels, where you go into some kind of mine? How does one get through it?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:36 am

Bun wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Games for Game Gear and SMS were often similar/ same ones.

What about Sonic 2 for GG? I found the gameplay baffling, do you remember one of the first levels, where you go into some kind of mine? How does one get through it?

I think It took 1000 plays from me to finally figure out how to get that boss defeated, you just had to jump towards the end of the screen and it makes you bounce back to your original location and that was suprisingly the only way how you avoid getting killed by these bouncing balls. If that's what you mean?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:42 am

No, I mean in the very beginning, Sonic gets into some kind of cart (?) underground, and I wasn't able to make him get out of that mine area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_ ... g_2_(8-bit)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

Bun wrote:
No, I mean in the very beginning, Sonic gets into some kind of cart (?) underground, and I wasn't able to make him get out of that mine area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_ ... g_2_(8-bit)

Mmh, can't remember actually, gotta watch some speed-run videos on youtube, there are a lot of them around, of all sega games on all platforms.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

Cool. :)

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2012, 4:29 am

the SMS was my first console, got mine when I was 5 and it still works like a charm although it could use a bunch of q-tips and some alcohol for the carts :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 11:44 pm

I have the original game system I got on ebay and it was a complete sex in its original box with everything. I also had three or four games with it. But I have it in Montana because I wasn't using it. Games I see for it that look interesting such as the Sonic games and Disney ones are also available for Game Gear, the same version. I have thought about getting rid of it like sell it or trade it in but I couldn't resist.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

No mention of Fantasy Zone?

I didn't own one but I bought some SMS games for it on the Wii's Virtual Console. Alex Kidd is insane on it but Fantasy Zone is just awesome!

bluntedboywonder

20 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
No mention of Fantasy Zone?

I didn't own one but I bought some SMS games for it on the Wii's Virtual Console. Alex Kidd is insane on it but Fantasy Zone is just awesome!

I own fantasy zone on my Game Gear, bloody hard game. If you are talking about this game of course:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqrEydoemU[/youtube]

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

Now I remember I has it as well! You had to press a button to fly, and a button to shoot, right?