Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2012, 12:24 pm

Is there anything worse than bumping into an ex partner? Especially if the split was shall we say less than amicable. Today was a particularly awkward one, got caught in traffic with her car directly next to mine on the A127. What made it worse is that im still having to drive around with L plates with a family member, how embarrassing.

Anyway, we made the polite nods and then both tried our hardest to ignore each other even though we were stuck next to each other for at least 5 minutes :roll: . I could really have happily gone my whole life without setting eyes on her again, but I guess if you live in a small(ish) town then its bounds to happen occasionally.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

:shrug:

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 12:30 pm

Looking on the bright side, at least you didn't literally bump into her. :wink:

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

Seconded. I once had an ex and his entire family (who hated me) show up at the restaurant where I was a waitress. I was cleaning a table near theirs and realized they had been talking about me for a good ten minutes. "No, the other one did X, this is the one that ___".

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

I "bump into" my ex- every single day, because we have children together. No, it never gets easier. Sigh. Twelve more years...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

I tend to just use my middle finger in those situations.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Ahhh yes... My last ex and me are good friends. We'd probably hug if we bumped into each other.

Some of the earlier ones though? Ugh I hope never to run into them. It isn't easy. For anyone.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

I remember going to one of my autism meetings and I thought I saw my ex's car because someone there also happened to drive the same kind of car he did and it was the exact same color. So there I am all nervous as I head into the building and then I ease up when I don't see him there. Sometimes you think you wouldn't mind running into your ex's but when you think you will be seeing them, you all of a sudden jump and get anxiety and feel all stressed out and nervous. That's when you realize you would mind seeing them.

I have not ran into any of my ex's and one of them tried adding me to Facebook and then again and then cancelling the friends request. I thought that was very strange but I would have ignored his request anyway.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:05 pm

i am not good friends with any of my exes except my former husband, but i haven't ever had a breakup that was so bad that i couldn't still talk to them anymore. it can be slightly awkward, but nothing painful. i've been cheated on and stuff, but there wasn't much point in being all weird once the relationship was over. the only circumstances for myself where i could imagine never wanting to talk to an ex again would be if i was completely irate or embarrassed, but i don't see why i'd feel that way unless they were abusive or unless i behaved badly, and even then... it's over and done.

i think i'm missing the point here. i can't imagine carrying around negative emotions towards someone i am not dating anymore.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i think i'm missing the point here. i can't imagine carrying around negative emotions towards someone i am not dating anymore.

Ha ha! That must be nice. :lol:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

mv wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

welllll i don't always have an easy time getting along with people who are still in my life, like family members or something. and i have fallings-out with people. but i guess if someone is not a major part of my life then i don't have any reason to have any discomfort anymore. i allow people into my life easily and openly, and they can get removed from my life just as easily if things don't work out, but i don't carry any feelings about that once it's over.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
mv wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

welllll i don't always have an easy time getting along with people who are still in my life, like family members or something. and i have fallings-out with people. but i guess if someone is not a major part of my life then i don't have any reason to have any discomfort anymore. i allow people into my life easily and openly, and they can get removed from my life just as easily if things don't work out, but i don't carry any feelings about that once it's over.

Ah, I see, once they're out of your sight and you don't have to deal with them anymore at all, then it's "gotten-overable". That makes sense. Thanks!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

I would probably feel uncomfortable if I ran into one of my exes, but I could handle it. If I ran into the other one, though, I would probably feel very upset, since he was violent. 8O

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 4:43 pm

Quote:
Is there anything worse than bumping into an ex partner?

- swallowing burning coals

- food poisoning

- running out of toilet paper

- starvation

- war

- breaking your bones

(Just a few)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 4:45 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:

AAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaAAaaaAAAAAA!! !! !! !! !! !! :eew:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2012, 7:11 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

AAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaAAaaaAAAAAA!! !! !! !! !! !! :eew:

I forgot to buy some last time we went grocery shopping so I had to "steal" some from work I was throwing out when I had to change the toilet paper in the restrooms. I don't consider it stealing if it's being thrown away.