Has anyone ever told you you laugh a lot?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2012, 7:27 am

So what if you do? Shouldn't that be a good thing instead of a bad thing? Is it that weird to be a generally happy person?

Last edited by Penandinkmarie on 18 Jan 2012, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2012, 7:40 am

I don't think you really care about whether other people are asked that or not, but laughing a lot isn't bad unless you have a horrible/annoying laugh.

TheOtherMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2012, 7:53 am

I get that a lot and my most common laugh is rather annoying "nervous giggle" as I have been told. And I have said that " What? Would you rather see me cry?" Generally people arent offended by my laughter, the ones that constantly wonder about it are children. Latest comment (by a child) was that my laughter sounded creepy, when I laughed watching the simpsons. But laughing is one of my selfdefences as well, and I cant fake my nervous giggle thing, it sound a bit like from the movie Amadeus. But, nevertheless laughing a lot is NOT a bad thing, imho.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2012, 8:11 am

TheOtherMe wrote:
I get that a lot and my most common laugh is rather annoying "nervous giggle" as I have been told. And I have said that " What? Would you rather see me cry?" Generally people arent offended by my laughter, the ones that constantly wonder about it are children. Latest comment (by a child) was that my laughter sounded creepy, when I laughed watching the simpsons. But laughing is one of my selfdefences as well, and I cant fake my nervous giggle thing, it sound a bit like from the movie Amadeus. But, nevertheless laughing a lot is NOT a bad thing, imho.

HAHHAH WOW!! !! !! I've said the EXACT SAME THING!! !! !! "What? Would you rather me cry instead??" LOL!! And OMG I know the laugh from Amadeus!! ! Laughing is a good thing....it's healthy, positive, and heck, we should just let our flags fly, and whoever doesn't like it......too bad lol

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

I got told by a girl at school that I laughed a lot. She criticised that I laughed at everything, and it did actually make me feel a bit hurt.

See? Who's to say NTs can say things and not care how it would offend the other person?

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 11:36 am

I used to smile a lot and laugh a lot (more than others) and got told I'm always happy. I can still do stuff like laugh, cry, cough sneeze if I decide to, you know, like orchestrate WHEN I'll have a laughing fit. I find it quite odd, but maybe there are other people here that can predecide on such things with no effort.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

People have said that I laugh and smile too much and during inappropriate situations ranging from my laugh or smile being rude to my laugh or smile being weird. While they are saying this to me, I usually have a big creepy-crawly smile on my face, the one that means that I am thinking about cats and not listening to them. :D

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 3:20 pm

My co-workers told me I should stop having inside jokes about random silly things at random times because they seem to make people think I'm taking the piss out of them (while I never do that stuff out of discipline and respect for other people, but I'm just...weird)

camelCase
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

People have always pointed out my nervous laughter and nervous smiling (often people tell me I have a "shit-faced grin," but I just sort of smile even when talking about the most uncomfortable things).

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 6:30 pm

I do tend to laugh a lot but its because I find things funny that most people don't. Like I was on the Strip in Las Vegas and I saw someone in an Optimus Prime outfit standing for tourists to take a picture with him(he was working for tips). And he's really gone all out. His suit looks custom built with LEDs and fiberglass panels. You can tell that he put a lot of work into this costume. So I keep walking and a few blocks later I see someone else in an Optimus Prime costume except his is horrible. It has none of the LEDs and the parts look like they're made of foam rubber. His costume looks like he bought it off the rack at a halloween store. An the idea comes to me "hey look! Its Floptimus Prime!" And I spent the next 20 minutes laughing uncontrollably about that. Things like that happen every day and I believe that's why people say I laugh too much.

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

No. But when I do laugh, I occasionally sound just like Dr. Hutchison from Rocko's Modern Life.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2012, 7:47 pm

LOL! I got this a LOT in 8th Grade which I was in 2005 - 2006, me and this other kid who had ADD (He was a NT though).

I haven't gotten that much since then since most times I have the :( face in public.

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2012, 7:50 pm

Of course. Eveyone thinks i'm high when I've never done drugs in my life.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

People have thought I smoke Marijuana because of all the giggling on the phone. I never touch the stuff.

fiooo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

Not really. Though I do notice that I laugh more than other people. It's probably because it's my way of expressing emotion because I don't know how to smile and I have a stoic expression on my face 90% of the time. I actually subconsciously forced myself to laugh more because I was told that I never laugh or smile as a kid. I am still told that I never smile...

LittlePapillon
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2012, 11:56 pm

Interesting. So I'm not the only one who people think acts high.