Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm

IYO?

Preferably a large city, I know how wonderful San Fran is but it just isn't big enough for me, I live in a city that's often compared to it in the Midwest and I need to get the EFF up outta here.

Where would you go?

Thinking of factors like how easy it would be to find a partner, mostly. In this regard, most big cities would do so I'm interested in some other factors but can't think of specific ones.

HDTV...

Whatever.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

NEW YORK CITY :D

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

thatsrobrageous wrote:
NEW YORK CITY :D

This has been the plan since last year...recently I'm wondering if it's worth the winters >.>

HDTV...

Whatever.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2012, 8:59 pm

It should be worth the winters, you can walk to work and everything to buy and do stuff is right there. You can save money because you don't need a car and you can afford rent even better without one :D

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

thatsrobrageous wrote:
It should be worth the winters, you can walk to work and everything to buy and do stuff is right there. You can save money because you don't need a car and you can afford rent even better without one :D
re

Yep, I will be broke for a few years after moving but will then have my degree.

RANDOM QUESTION: Are Metro passes really 120 ish dollars? Is there a cheaper option(esp for low income people)?

I'm basing this on something someone said in a chatroom months ago O_o

HDTV...

Whatever.

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

I'm not sure to be honest.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 9:09 pm

I was Gonna say San Francisco, but you said it wasnt BIG enough for YA.

I heard Los Angeles (not Compton, East LA and South Central for obvious reasons) is gay-friendly.

I also got an article here

http://articles.submityourarticle.com/Jennifer-Gruskoff-7760/LGBT-friendly-cities-105310.php

MBTI- ISTP

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Minneapolis is quite gay-friendly, but only in the city. Go out into the suburbs, and it's shockingly right-wing.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 12:50 am

Not Alaska

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:03 pm

Magdalena wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_village#Top_LGBT_populations_in_U.S._cities_and_states
:)

oOoOoOoOOOO this is great, ty.

HDTV...

Whatever.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

How far away are you willing to move? Because I'd highly recommend Amsterdam, also known as the gay capital of Europe :) The Netherlands were the first country to legalize gay marriage in 2001, the first to decriminalize homosexuality in 1811 (! !!), and Amsterdam probably had the world's first gay bar in 1927. I couldn't think of a more LGBT-friendly city.

Btw, almost everyone understands English and some immigrants speak it exclusively, so there shouldn't be any communication problems. There is also no shortage of American and British tourists. And on top of that you can legally buy cannabis :D If I'd ever move to another country, it would be the Netherlands (most Dutch people understand German too).

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2012, 7:43 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
How far away are you willing to move? Because I'd highly recommend Amsterdam, also known as the gay capital of Europe :) The Netherlands were the first country to legalize gay marriage in 2001, the first to decriminalize homosexuality in 1811 (! !!), and Amsterdam probably had the world's first gay bar in 1927. I couldn't think of a more LGBT-friendly city.

Btw, almost everyone understands English and some immigrants speak it exclusively, so there shouldn't be any communication problems. There is also no shortage of American and British tourists. And on top of that you can legally buy cannabis :D If I'd ever move to another country, it would be the Netherlands (most Dutch people understand German too).

I already wanted to visit Amsterdam before learning this. Now I absolutely must go :o

dr01dguy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2012, 8:09 pm

San Francisco might not be the biggest city in America, but I challenge you to name any city that's more gay, more aspie, and more gay+aspie in total. And if SF doesn't have enough gay aspies for you, try San Jose. You can't throw a bottle of Bud into the crowd at a gay bar in downtown SJ without hitting an engineer or Google employee ;-)

Adam917
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2012, 9:57 pm

davidalan11235813 wrote:
CrazyCatLord wrote:

I already wanted to visit Amsterdam before learning this. Now I absolutely must go :o

As someone who got back from there a fortnight ago, I can fully agree. If I'm to do a big move, I'd want to skip the US as a whole & go straight to Amsterdam. I live in a big enough LGBT-friendly megalopolis (BosWash) that it would make no sense moving elsewhere in the country.

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

EXPECIALLY wrote:
Magdalena wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_village#Top_LGBT_populations_in_U.S._cities_and_states
:)

oOoOoOoOOOO this is great, ty.

Glad to help! :)