Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

Has anyone tried?

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

All you are doing is exploiting a social status differential between you and her. You are her ticket to a green card and family support if she wants to keep you around after the prerequisite time it takes to get a green card.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm

Negolin wrote:
Has anyone tried?
i really dont see how this could work out. whats more is, how the heck is this even legal to begin with?

so.. you pay some random company thousands of dollars to give you a wife? this is so far fetched. whats the point of having a wife if she doesnt even love you? whats the point of having a significant other if you had to PURCHASE them?

this is a waste of time, and money. what possible good could come from this? you two meet, then fall madly in love? its probably infinitely more likely that she'll resent you for 'purchasing' her.

if you want a girlfriend, go look for one! at least with this approach you have over a .01% that you two will actually MAYBE be able to love each other.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

I never tried but I seriously would if I had the money & skills to travel. I'm mostly just wanting a woman who would give me a real chance & try to make our relationship work but I don't get the chance for various reasons. I believe the woman would fall in love with me after a while because of the way I would treat her & care about her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm

tronist wrote:
its probably infinitely more likely that she'll resent you for 'purchasing' her.

Not necessarily. She may well be quite happy with the arrangement - she'll be looking after her family back home all the way.

It's a bad idea. There may well be circumstances in which it works but it doesn't appeal to me.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2012, 11:13 pm

Titangeek wrote:

awwwwwww shes cute(if it is a she?!?!?)

but with a face like that who wouldn't want a mail ordered bride

questor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 11:37 pm

Mail order brides is not a good idea. They are disadvantaged people, usually from a different culture and different native tongue. Their main goals once they are in the country are to get a green card, to send as much money back home to their family as possible, and to help family members get here, too. This places a lot of burdens on the "host" spouse.--Cultural, lingual, financial, extended family dealings, AND she would probably want any family members who managed to follow her to the new country to move in, no matter how limited your living space is, so she and you could help them out. This is so not a good idea, and no love besides. It is best to get to know someone before getting married or intimate with them. You don't have that option with mail order spouses.

I absolutely loved TitanGeek's mail order bride pix, and saved it for my screen saver collection. I use the screen saver that randomly cycles through the picture folder and sub folders, that way I get to see the pictures more often.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 2:49 am

it is considered a form of human trafficking and i am surprised it is legal.

Quote:
The mail-order bride industry has been criticized by social and legal commentators for its exploitation of women, creation of immigration problems, perpetuation of stereotypes, and tendency to create situations in which domestic violence thrives.3 A few laws have been enacted in the United States and the Philippines which attempt to regulate these problems. However, the legislation that does exist has proven largely ineffective to curb the problems associated with this practice of trafficking women. While the number of mail-order bride companies is on the rise and the industry thrives, the harms to the women trafficked have not begun to subside. Future attempts to regulate the industry should include international cooperation and concerted multinational efforts to control the supply and demand forces in the industry on a global level, rather than attempt to exert control from the national level.

http://www.popcenter.org/problems/traff ... d_2000.pdf

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 2:55 am

hyperlexian wrote:

If the person consents, of course it's legal.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 6:49 am

An elderly male neighbor in my area once got a young girl from Russia but she ran away after a few days. I'm not sure on the nature of the relationship but it was clear she was living with him prior to her running away.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 6:52 am

hyperlexian wrote:

A foreigner can't claim benefits in the UK unless they have worked for 12 months and payed tax, some may live in the country with someone else and do house chores until they find a more permanent position.

Not everyone does it for sexual reasons either, I know one man that took in men from Eastern European countries, gave them accommodation and food and had them do certain house chores until they could find a more permanent position or get on their feet.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 7:07 am

Why there's no mail order grooms?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 7:08 am

Ohh, there's a one site (I swear I would look drop-dead gorgeous there):

http://mailorderhusbands.net/order/

Happy hunting, ladies ;P

Keyman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2012, 7:52 am

I think there might be significant differences in how to raise kids?, oh the extended relatives might mess your life.. ;)

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

Marrying an NT of another culture will be just as challenging, if not more so, as an NT of your own culture. I have no idea about Russian or Phillipino attitudes towards Aspergers, but you should research that before taking a mail order bride.
Your bride may be understanding, but her culture and family might not be.