Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2012, 1:09 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZTK7u0qyIM[/youtube]
Science is in search of answers, but all too often one set of answers leads to another layer of puzzles.

This fact calls to mind a profound statement recorded in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 3:11. It reads “Everything [God] has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the true God has made from the start to the finish.”

Of course, at present we can absorb only limited amounts of knowledge because of our short life span, and much of that knowledge is speculative, subject to change. But that situation is temporary, for God has purposed to grant faithful humans endless life in Paradise on earth, where they can examine his handiwork for an eternity and thus gain true knowledge. — Psalm 37:11, 29; Luke 23:43.

Therefore, we need not fear doomsday speculations about the universe. After all, science has only scratched the surface of reality, whereas the Creator knows all.

Revelation 4:11 reads “You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created."

What is the Milky Way? It is an expression of Jehovah's creativity, his eternal love, and the evident demonstration of his power.

The former things have passed away."

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:05 am

kxmode wrote:
Science is in search of answers, but all too often one set of answers leads to another layer of puzzles.

This fact calls to mind a profound statement recorded in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 3:11. It reads “Everything [God] has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the true God has made from the start to the finish.”

Of course, at present we can absorb only limited amounts of knowledge because of our short life span, and much of that knowledge is speculative, subject to change. But that situation is temporary, for God has purposed to grant faithful humans endless life in Paradise on earth, where they can examine his handiwork for an eternity and thus gain true knowledge. — Psalm 37:11, 29; Luke 23:43.

Therefore, we need not fear doomsday speculations about the universe. After all, science has only scratched the surface of reality, whereas the Creator knows all.

Revelation 4:11 reads “You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created."

Your post and signature look like proselytizing to me.
I request that the Mod. render an opinion.

What is the Milky Way? It is an expression of Jehovah's creativity, his eternal love, and the evident demonstration of his power.

black_prince
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2012, 2:08 am

I think the Milky Way is a beautiful explosion of dust and particles left to the fundamental forces of university over a long period of time.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:14 am

black_prince wrote:
I think the Milky Way is a beautiful explosion of dust and particles left to the fundamental forces of university over a long period of time.

Agreed.
Though the facts about the MW were not understood from revelation, we can be grateful to brilliant scientists who used the scientific method to discover the truth of what you said.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:15 am

The universe is expanding, everything flying apart. As time passes less information will be available until the last intelligence will be alone, with no clue as to the nature of the universe. Lawrence Krauss does a talk about this.

black_prince
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2012, 3:18 am

slave wrote:
black_prince wrote:

Agreed.
Though the facts about the MW were not understood from revelation, we can be grateful to brilliant scientists who used the scientific method to discover the truth of what you said.

You could have said just about anything sounding remotely scientific and based on your avatar image, I would initially be inclined to accept whatever you say.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:42 am

fraac wrote:
The universe is expanding, everything flying apart. As time passes less information will be available until the last intelligence will be alone, with no clue as to the nature of the universe. Lawrence Krauss does a talk about this.

It's a creepy feeling, as if sand was running through your fingers. There's no way t make it stop.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:44 am

black_prince wrote:
slave wrote:
black_prince wrote:

Agreed.

You could have said just about anything sounding remotely scientific and based on your avatar image, I would initially be inclined to accept whatever you say.

Then you believe he's exactly 100 years old?

black_prince
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2012, 9:57 am

Venger wrote:
black_prince wrote:
slave wrote:
black_prince wrote:

Agreed.

No, I'm talking about the image itself. Look how math/science it is!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:25 am

TheHouseholdCat wrote:
fraac wrote:

It's a creepy feeling, as if sand was running through your fingers. There's no way t make it stop.

So stop sweating it. Watch the sand flow and enjoy the show.

ruveyn

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

13 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

slave wrote:
Well, I'm inclined agree and while proselytizing is not specifically against the rules, it is getting rather tiresome and I think some original thought or opinion instead of quotations would likely find a more stimulating reception.

Quote:
Or, it's just an aggregation of matter in a blind universe. That's what hard evidence tends to suggest.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

black_prince wrote:
Venger wrote:
black_prince wrote:
slave wrote:
black_prince wrote:

Agreed.

No, I'm talking about the image itself. Look how math/science it is!

Right and he registered here just the other day giving a fake DOB.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:26 pm

Quote:
Right and he registered here just the other day giving a fake DOB.

What is behind this statement?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 9:16 am

kxmode wrote:

Or maybe the M.W. is not the product of some intelligent being. It might be an unintended side effect. Who knows? There is no empirical way of deciding. The book of Revelations is the product of a mad and diseased mind and should not be used in connection with anything scientific. In fact Revelations should never have been included in the Canon in the the first place. It is a piece of crap crazy screed.

ruveyn

22 Mar 2012, 4:52 pm

kxmode wrote:

L0LWUT?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:52 am

kxmode wrote:

To Moderator: This is supposed to be a science, technology and computer forum. Could you move this religious screed to a more appropriate forum? Thank you.

ruveyn