Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2012, 6:28 am

Are autistic people more sensitive to a psychotic experience/acute psychosis due to drugs? If not, what makes people sensitive to it?

Last edited by Ddddd on 31 Mar 2012, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 6:30 am

I'm terrified to experiment with drugs. I've got enough problems already.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 7:13 am

What's this ASS and drugs thing? Are you looking for a way to smuggle drugs into prison?

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2012, 8:51 am

Oh I meant autism spectrum syndrome :lol:
But nothing special, I found an article on Google and had some questions about it

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:34 am

well from my own experience i can say that we are but i'm not sure.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

I was on several different meds as a child and teen, at different times. I can only remember the names of a couple of them--Ritalin, and Phenobarbital. None of the meds helped me at all, and they all had unpleasant side effects, so I eventually took myself off of them without telling my parents or the docs at the time. I did tell my father some years later, but he hadn't liked my being on these drugs anyway, because he didn't think they were safe, and he also saw that they weren't helping me, so he was glad that I had taken myself off of them. I didn't take any psych meds after that except a brief try with Lexapro a few years ago, first at 10mgs, and then at 20mgs. It was prescribed for depression, and didn't do anything at all--it was like I had taken sugar pills. There was no effect whatsoever, except some stomach discomfort, at either dosage. Man that med is garbage. :x I haven't done any psych meds since then. I really don't want to take psych meds unless there is no other choice. I prefer to use my non med coping methods. They actually help some. :D I know of a bunch of different ones. Some of them I can't do because of my other health problems, but there are enough coping methods that I can use, and that do help, so my depression is under control, now. I was having a bad time a few years ago because of financial problems and a problem with a relative I was living with. Both my financial situation and my living situation have improved since then, so now my coping methods are able to help more, and my stress levels are down a lot.

My advice is to avoid drugs unless there is no other choice.

JuggaspieZ2k
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

I smoked red magic/ fake weed before and it made me hear heartbeats stopping, hallucinations like the world was spilt in half and I could move it (without seeing it move) ... But I never had visual hallucinations. Deja-vu where I could predict what people were going to say. And this is the most unbelievable thing: I could predict things that would happen days later. I would write it down and it would happen. I never told anyone off-line about that. I quit because I predicted having a heart attack on that stuff.

mushroo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Ddddd wrote:
Are autistic people more sensitive to a psychotic experience/acute psychosis due to drugs? If not, what makes people sensitive to it?

I can tell you from experience, if you have sensory issues, make sure you carefully prepare your "set and setting" for your trip, because the psychedelics will suppress your filter mechanisms/defenses.

Even under ideal circumstances, ingesting psychedelics is rolling the dice with a powerful force mankind does not fully understand.

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:15 pm

No idea. what article?

Jason