[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16-LKvpV6bc&feature=related[/youtube]

Some race facts:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-e5XjlmZA[/youtube]

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:36 pm

There are a lot more differences between individual people than there are between so called races.

There is only once race of advanced hominid on this planet -- the human race.

The so-called races are divisions based on superficial differences -- skin color, hair texture, shape of the eye and such like It makes as much sense as dividing the human race up by hair color.

Since all humans are inter-fertile, there is only the human species. That is the biological fact. The main differences between groups of people are cultural and linguistic, not biological.

ruveyn

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

Quote:
The so-called races are divisions based on superficial differences -- skin color, hair texture, shape of the eye and such like It makes as much sense as dividing the human race up by hair color.

Since all humans are inter-fertile, there is only the human species. That is the biological fact. The main differences between groups of people are cultural and linguistic, not biological.

ruveyn

@Ruveyn

...........................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument

'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:43 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
Quote:

ruveyn

@Ruveyn

Learn more about this topic before you proceed to 'comment'.

I am stating biological fact.

There are no pure races on this planet, and there never were.

Any alleged racial differences are disguised cultural differences.

ruveyn

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

There are some interesting genetic differences that have been located but they don't match up along racial lines. They are populations within races. In 40 years time they'll know a lot more about how genes vary statistically. Race does describe something but it's a pretty loose abstraction.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:50 pm

I love the comments about "leftists" towards the end of the second video. :roll:

But anyway, there's no reason to ignore factual differences between races, nor is there anything wrong with preferring the company of your own race. What is wrong is denying a person a job based on stereotypes about their race, treating someone poorly because of their race, and similar actions.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

UnLoser wrote:
I love the comments about "leftists" towards the end of the second video. :roll:

But anyway, there's no reason to ignore factual differences between races, nor is there anything wrong with preferring the company of your own race. What is wrong is denying a person a job based on stereotypes about their race, treating someone poorly because of their race, and similar actions.

Cultural and linguistic differences are more significant than differences in superficial attributes like skin color, eye shape, hair texture and such like. Humans all over the planet show the same character in intellectual and linguistic development. By the time a young human is a year and a half, with few exceptions, he has a language. That is true everywhere. And all languages are capable of carrying intellectual baggage.

ruveyn

Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2012, 4:56 pm

Thanks for posting this. This is amazing..

I'm always trying to explain this sort of thing to people, but was never sure how to..

It always pisses me off when someone is called racist over nothing.. people just throw that word around to make themselves seem not "racist".. And once they do, no matter what you say, you are labeled as that, at least for remainder of whatever situation it is that you are in.

I came up with the term (or at least I've never heard anyone else say it) for these people that do this - RACISTPHOBES

Trying to argue or defend yourself with people when you get called racist is damn near pointless. Once it's done, it's done.. It's like punching someone in the face; you can't just "take it back", like you can with other words/accusations..

My point being, (especially as an aspie) it drives me insane when someone says something to or about me that is inaccurate. I always try to argue that their logic is BS.. And now that I see these videos - yes, they are new to me; sorry if I'm a little behind - It's helping me learn how to better point out to people that they are just jumping on board with everyone else, throwing out that word at other people to make themselves look better.. Helps me better describe why they are "racistphobes".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:05 pm

UnLoser wrote:

We prefer the company of people who are like us, speak the same language and have approximately the same values. These are all attributes of culture, not "race".

I am more comfortable with Jews than Gentiles because of cultural similarities. Jews are not a biological race. They are short, they are tall, they are fat, they are thin, they come in a variety of hair colors, eye colors, facial shapes etc. There are blonde blue eyed Jews with lovely shapely noses and there are the darker shorter types with well defined schnozolas. So much for "race". We are bound to each other by a similar outlook and similar expectations. That is culture and learned behavior at work. Every Jewish male ever born is raised with a smart-ass tendency. That is why some of the greatest comedians are Jewish.

ruveyn

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:07 pm

That makes sense, but in general, people tend to feel a bit more comfortable around people of the same race, regardless of culture. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:10 pm

UnLoser wrote:
That makes sense, but in general, people tend to feel a bit more comfortable around people of the same race, regardless of culture. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

I am not so sure. I am caucasian. Most of the Gentiles I know are caucasian and I feel a little out of place among them. To be frank I have never fully understood the Goyim, even when we speak the same language. But that is fair. Most of the Goyim don't understand Jews.

ruveyn

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

I haven't watched these all the way through yet... But I have the feeling I don't want to finish watching the 1st vid. Giving examples of how YouTube users use the word 'racist' is in poor taste, IMO. But just because people abuse the word doesn't mean racism doesn't exist or isn't relevant.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:51 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
Race Deniers

I deny the validity of the term race, since it is an informal term that is not part of the zoological taxonomy, the lowest ranks of which are species and subspecies. But I guess this is not the kind of "race denial" that you were referring to :) I also don't recognize any subspecies of Homo sapiens (and neither does the scientific community at this point), which is probably closer to what you had in mind. I don't deny the existence of subspecies, mind you; I'm simply not currently aware of their existence.

This is your chance to change to remedy my ignorance and put forth your hypothesis. Could you compile a list of proposed human subspecies, named according to the principles of zoological nomenclature? Please also add a brief description as to why you feel that each group meets the the criteria for determining subspecific taxa. That would make this discussion a little more scientific and give me a better idea what exactly it is that you are proposing here. Thanks in advance :)

PS: I found the third video quite interesting, considering that the largest brain size among humans has been found in the Inuit people. Do you think there is a correlation between cranial volume / brain size and intelligence? If so, wouldn't that make the Inuit the most intelligent of all human populations?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
DuneyBlues wrote:
Race Deniers

I deny the validity of the term race, since it is an informal term that is not part of the zoological taxonomy, the lowest ranks of which are species and subspecies. But I guess this is not the kind of "race denial" that you were referring to :) I also don't recognize any subspecies of Homo sapiens (and neither does the scientific community at this point), which is probably closer to what you had in mind. I don't deny the existence of subspecies, mind you; I'm simply not aware of their existence.

This is your chance to change to remedy my ignorance and put forth your hypothesis. Could you compile a list of proposed human subspecies, named according to the principles of zoological nomenclature? Please also add a brief description as to why you feel that each group meets the the criteria for determining subspecific taxa. That would make this discussion a little more scientific and give me a better idea what exactly it is that you are proposing here. Thanks in advance :)

PS: I found the third video quite interesting, considering that the largest brain size among humans has been found in the Inuit people. Do you think there is a correlation between cranial volume / brain size and intelligence? If so, wouldn't that make the Inuit the most intelligent of all human populations?

Yes, exactly!! "Racial Realism" is just a euphemism. It is also sometimes referred to as "Scientific Racism". However, there does not seem to be any science being done by them. It is not a scientific investigation to have a foregone conclusion to work backwards from.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:04 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:

The Neanderthals had a larger cranial capacity than homo sapiens. A fat lot of good it did them;.

ruveyn

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 6:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:
UnLoser wrote:

I am not so sure. I am caucasian. Most of the Gentiles I know are caucasian and I feel a little out of place among them. To be frank I have never fully understood the Goyim, even when we speak the same language. But that is fair. Most of the Goyim don't understand Jews.

ruveyn

People have called me caucasian, but neither I nor my ancestors have ever been anywhere near the Caucasus region :? If someone proposes a subspecific taxon of H. sapiens, I'd like a little more information than the name of a geopolitical region or a skin color (I'm not really white either btw; it's more of a beige-pink shade). I'm curious to see what the OP has to offer in this regard :D