Anyone kind of lost interest in videogames?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 9:49 pm

I'm shocked to say this with the username ZELDApsychology! For god sake! LOL! I got through the latest Zelda Skyward Sword after putting it down and picking it back up in 2 weeks I WANTED to see it to completion. and I LOVED every second of it. I can't say the same of ALOT of other games. Lately I buy it get stuck then quit (onto next game) thankfully I "try" to buy them on sale or get games I know will LAST such as Skyrim but even that I kept getting killed by some polar bear so quit. I want to succeed in games and be powerful. I want a challenge but not to be unable to proceed in the story. I plan to restart Skyrim this summer and see how that goes. I have enjoyed alot of videogames but get bored easily like they aren't holding my attention. Can anyone relate?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 10:18 pm

Fallout New Vegas should keep you occupied for a few months.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 10:23 pm

Yeah, I rarely get excited for anything anymore. The new Fire Emblem and Soul Hackers (if it comes to the US) is about it. Don't even know if I'll bother with a vita.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 10:30 pm

When I was a child, I loved video games and would play them for hours upon hours. But the older I get, the more picky I am about the video games I play. I will play them for a little bit, either get bored or frustrated, and then not play it anymore. Heck, I even managed to avoid becoming addicted to Skyrim and Minecraft! The only video games that I truly enjoyed in recent years were MySims and MySims 2 for the Wii back when I was a teenager. I clocked in about 40-something hours on the first one. Sometimes I consider buying a new Wii just so I can play them again.

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2012, 11:40 pm

Not a lot of single player games with compelling stories have been well publicized recently, Mass Effect and Portal being the obvious exceptions.

MrBackward
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2012, 12:06 am

I cant wait to get back into video games, I have purposly stopped playing them for this semester at Uni and now am itching to play Skyrim, minecraft, etc again. i also want to get the new Diablo game but have had to resist.
After being away from them for 5 months I can tell you with absolute certainty that in no way have I lost interest in them and will greet them like an old friend in a month!

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2012, 1:00 am

Turn the difficulty down, if something killing you over and over is annoying you. A lot of games you can turn it straight back up once the thing is dead. It might be almost cheating, but it will improve your game experience.

mike_br
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2012, 1:23 am

I lost interest in consoles only... outdated hardware bothers me.
I game on my PC as strongly as ever, though.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 1:50 am

Yeah... I just don't feel interested in anything anymore... s**t just kind of sucks... It feels like nothing is as good as it used to be.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 4:52 am

All single player and Online console games bore me or agitate me too much. The agitation mostly comes from halfarsed gaming mechanics, mostly having to do with online play. What really ruined things for me is Batllefield 3's rent a server update. The game feels empty now... I quit. I also dislike single player PC games. Most online MMO's are generic, boring, require $1800 Gaming Rigs and are heavily pay to win. So that leaves me out of most games... I'm starting to feel like and old grumpy man now that I seem to really dislike today's gaming trends.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 8:35 am

I have, but notice I still have passion for older games.
I don't know if it's because of my age, new interests, change in lifestyle or what.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 11:00 am

I've kinda lost interest.
I've noticed as the game industry has become more and more corporate dominated, the games have become less original.
Big companies like EA are less willing to take a chance on new gameplay concepts. Corporations are like sheep, they are more likely to go with copycats than take risks.
All the good, interesting games come from smaller indie developers.

The game industry is becoming more hollywood-ized as it gets more established.

Diagnosed in 2005

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 12:42 pm

I think the big budget side of things has plateaued. I went back to playing arcade shooters.

jhighl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2012, 2:40 pm

I feel the same. I am big into cod but it all just seems the same after awhile. New vegas and fallout 3 had me occupied for awhile but i got bored of them eventually.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 6:58 pm

Nah, I love recent video games far more than old games and the innovation and immersiveness just keeps increasing.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2012, 7:46 pm

I must admit, I really have lost almost all interest in videogames. I remember back in my younger days from the late 90's to the early 2000's, I couldn't get enough of videogames. I would play videogames virtually everyday and I owned about 100 videogames between the NES era all the way up to the Xbox 360. Now I very rarely play videogames because most games simply don't interest me anymore. Maybe it's the lack of originality nowadays, I don't know. I'll admit, once in a while, there is a videogame that will grab my interest and I'll purchase and play that game. You mentioned Skyward Sword and that was also a game that I played extensively for my month long college winter break but after I beat it, I haven't played it sense. I can go many months at a time without touching a game. I think I've simply grown out of them, and I have a more active life style than before.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."