Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2012, 2:48 am

Well, tried a "real" post earlier, but repeatedly failed, no matter how I retried it. Lets see if this even makes it.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 3:50 am

Hello. what you mean nothing made it?
I had an error message earlier, i just hit back and hit send again =)

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

Well, tried, tried, tried, and failed - numerous times. Even this post, repeatedly stripped content from it and still fails. Lets see what I must strip it down to for it to post. Guessing one of these non-alphanumeric characters trips it up, or perhaps the letters U, R, and L, adjacent to each other in sequence.

Let's see if I/we can figure it out by process of elimination:
left parenthesis (
right parenthesis )
explanation mark !
double quote "
apostrophe '
period .
comma ,
hyphen -
colon :
percent %
slash /
NO letters U, R, and L, adjacent to each other in sequence

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

Anyway, finally got it posted ... but, uhm, can't give the U, R, L here - or even those letters adjacent in sequence ... but ... how 'bout the bit after wrongplanet (dot) net (slash)
postp4758677.html

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

Welcome to WP. One point - is that your real name? If so you do realise that your posts here can be found by anyone typing your name into Google? See the WARNING thread at the top of this forum.

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2012, 12:21 pm

Thanks for the pointer/tip - and I've well considered it.

No, neither "MichaelBerkeley" nor "Michael Berkeley" is my real name. It's basically as pseudo-anonymous alias used in relatively limited context (here, OkCupid, and some stuff rather to quite related to same).

Likewise the photos - real, yes, but same photos not reused outside of those same contexts.

Always some risks, ... and tradeoffs. So, ... I carefully pick and choose how to balance that. And ... hopefully I've picked the "right balance" ... only time will tell, ... but fairly probable I've picked about the right balance - at least guestimating from anything and everything I've ever seen or done on-line before, ... and there's much that I've seen over many years, ... and fair bit I've done on-line ... and much I do put there, ... and also much I just plain don't ... ever ... period.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 5:15 pm

yes entering a web address is annoying in forums, the "URL" is usually the biggest problem... best way to do it is by just using the link insert button, but i see you did that in your introductory post I found just now =) Which i will read fully when I am not a zombie, n ive had a decent amount of sleep (another all nighter, not sure how it happend).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 4:42 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage