Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jpaspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2012, 8:47 pm

I have baggy eyes and i was watching a video on youtube about asperger's and this aspie said that all or most of us have baggy eyes!
I always knew i had baggy eyes and when he said aspies have them i was like asking myself, is this true is that really something we have for our appearance?
Maybe it is true i cant always sleep to well anyway does anyone have baggy eyes?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

Baggy eyes are caused by lack of sleep. Get some rest. I have a sleep disorder, so my bags have bags, and their bags have bags, too. :tired:

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

I have a sleep disorder, too (Non-24-hour Sleep-Wake Disorder with a tendency to disintegrate into Irregular Sleep-Wake Disorder) so I have bags under my eyes now, at age 45. But I didn't have baggy eyes at all through my teens, twenties, and most of my thirties.

Sparrow

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

i think we can all say sleeping is no easy task...

my fathers solution is to work til you cannot work anymore and are extremely physically fatigued.....

works sometimes but other times not for me...

bags in the eyes..ummm i believe there is an eye thing going on... definitely some similarities a lot of the time but not 100%
i see a lot of the diagonal line downward away from the cuticle (i think thats what it's called...part of the eye closest to your nose)

Last edited by legomyego on 14 Jul 2012, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

I also have baggy eyes.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 2:27 am

legomyego wrote:
i think we can all say sleeping is no easy task...

Maybe. Sleep disorders are more common on the spectrum but I have met a number of autistics who report no problems sleeping.

Quote:
my fathers solution is to work til you cannot work anymore and are extremely physically fatigued.....

works sometimes but other times not for me...

Doesn't work for me because my circadian rhythm sleep disorder is not a physical thing about doing enough or not enough activity. It is a neurological thing -- my brain does not function properly. In fact, in the last couple of months both of my spells of not sleeping for 2-3 days straight were triggered by going for four hour hikes up and down hills -- the exact sort of activity that should have improved my sleep.

Sparrow

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:52 am

I have baggy eyes from little sleep, but they're also just shaped differently. I don't know about the correlation.

Sleep would be nice, though.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 4:23 am

I have had dark circles under my eyes for most of my life. Likewise, I have had sleep problems dating back to the early years of my life as well.