Emu Egg

14 Aug 2012, 1:35 pm

if so who is your favourite character? Mine is Scorpion

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

I'm a Mileena fan :twisted:

I LOVE Mortal Kombat!! !! ! I love Mileena's fatalities. Especially "Be Mine". Mortal Kombat Unchained is a good game for the PSP :D I also have Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and Mortal Kombat on my PS3 :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

We had Mortal Kombat II for a long time in our local arcade/mini golf course. I liked Kitana a lot then, used Scorpion and Reptile some too. I was more of a Capcom person really, but I won't lie and say I wasn't excited for MKIII when it was announced.

With that said, I only really like the first 3 MKs and the new game, which is surprisingly good. Like all my other ps3 games it was stolen, but I liked a lot of the characters, Smoke was lots of fun and I liked "Noob" :roll: Saibot's style.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

I have been a huge fan of the series since the first Mortal Kombat was released. I was 10 years old and we played it on the 16-bit powerhouse known as the Super Nintendo. I love the 2-d versions, the 3-d ones I can't get in to. I frequently play UMK 3 on the Nintendo DS and have the screenames Hush, Guitarman and Atari_Jag!. I also play MKII on the PS3 from time to time and my name on that one is SMB434. I'm up for a challenge if anyone has either of these two versions :)

Majike
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Aug 2012, 3:46 am

When my brother was living with me, we'd always play with him being Sub-Zero, and myself as Scorpion - that's how we played Shaolin Monks!

I reckon Scorpion's my favourite, even though Shang Tsung is awesome... Having Freddy Krueger as a downloadable character (even if it IS the modern Freddy and not Englund's Freddy) is really awesome! Especially when dishing out fatalities onto Johnny Cage. :)

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 4:03 am

Haven't played since my original XBox died, but I was always a fan of Raiden.

Carnival
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2012, 8:39 am

VIDEODROME Raiden is alright! I like dark Raiden

Majike Same here! i played Shaolin Monks as Scorpion and my brother was Sub-Zero!

guitarman2010 I love UMK3! but my fave is Deadly Alliance i don't play online though. :(

NeueZiel Yeah some people don't like the new games, MK2011 is one of my faves too :)

xxZeromancerlovexx I used to like Mileena but not anymore, my fave fatalities are always Scorpion's :P

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 7:12 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my favorite characters. On MK I it would be Raiden, MKII = Raiden, UMK 3 = Cyborg Smoke :)

Glorifel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2012, 7:16 pm

Raiden all the way.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 7:21 pm

I also like Stryker :D

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 6:49 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

When I'm playing UMK3 online and my random opponent picks Stryker, I love to pick Jax and beat the crap out of them! lol

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 7:54 am

guitarman2010 wrote:

When I'm playing UMK3 online and my random opponent picks Stryker, I love to pick Jax and beat the crap out of them! lol

Here's all the characters I play as....

Mileena
Kitana
Stryker
Cyrax
Kabal
Baraka
Sheeva

Sometimes I play as Frost or Goro in Mortal Kombat Unchained for the PSP.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

My older cousin used to be pretty much into all the 'versus' type fighting games, and prominent in his collection was the Mortal Kombat series. So, playing with him, I was introduced to MK, and I'm quite fond of it, even though I've always sucked at it. I really enjoyed playing it, but I NEVER improved in any way, shape, or form.

My favourite character is probably Sub-Zero. Because honestly, he was always such a freaking cheat from the first game onward. I mean, come on, you can't deny how broken it is to have a character that can completely immobilise his opponent for 2-3 seconds. Then, in MK3, he got even worse, because they gave him an upward ice blast that lands on his foe's head. I've had some good times with ol' Sub-Zero.

I happen to actually like the Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon games. Especially Armageddon, because it's basically just MK Trilogy in 3D. I also like the Kreate A Fighter feature in that game.
It should come as no surprise to you guys that my favourite character in those games is Frost, Sub-Zero's apprentice.

BTW, I also really like Stryker. I'm one of few, I know.

Belial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

Ah Mortal Kombat, I remember our arcade had it (MKII) long after the third game came out. MKII is really up there, as far as favorite fighting games go, though I liked Darkstalkers and the Marvel Vs games a bit more. In MKII my favorite characters were Reptile and Scorpion. One is a dinosaur ninja with predator camo that spits acid and the other is a ninja from hell who, complete with all the hellish trimmings. I think they were the best in their initial appearances, in later games Scorpion got a bit..over-designed and Reptile looks really dorky until MK9 where he's cool again. Barakka was another favorite but even as a kid I knew he sucked to use. I omitted Smoke because I'm going by playable characters for MKII.

MKIII was a game I was very hyped for but somewhat underwhelmed compared to its predeccesor. I never got to play it in the arcade and I think by that time Capcom's 2d fighters were looking more appealing to me. I really liked 3's urban setting, the multi-layered stages were cool and the robots were awesome replacements for the ninjas. Loved Cyrax and Sektor, loved how they had black blood too, very nice touch.

After MKIII I went through a very long hiatus from the series, which was odd since I had been a very big fan before, I even watched the cartoon that aired on USA and I -enjoyed- the first movie. I kinda watched MK from the sidelines for many years, rolling my eyes at the 3d games. I enjoyed MK9 a lot, its my second favorite MK game (after II). My favorite characters:

Noob Saibot (they made him so cool!)
Smoke
Ermac
Robot Subzero
Reptile
Mileena

I kinda shelved the game for awhile then lost my copy (sister :roll:), never tried out the dlc characters. Freddy looked funny.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 4:31 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
My older cousin used to be pretty much into all the 'versus' type fighting games, and prominent in his collection was the Mortal Kombat series. So, playing with him, I was introduced to MK, and I'm quite fond of it, even though I've always sucked at it. I really enjoyed playing it, but I NEVER improved in any way, shape, or form.

My favourite character is probably Sub-Zero. Because honestly, he was always such a freaking cheat from the first game onward. I mean, come on, you can't deny how broken it is to have a character that can completely immobilise his opponent for 2-3 seconds. Then, in MK3, he got even worse, because they gave him an upward ice blast that lands on his foe's head. I've had some good times with ol' Sub-Zero.

I happen to actually like the Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon games. Especially Armageddon, because it's basically just MK Trilogy in 3D. I also like the Kreate A Fighter feature in that game.
It should come as no surprise to you guys that my favourite character in those games is Frost, Sub-Zero's apprentice.

BTW, I also really like Stryker. I'm one of few, I know.

Stryker doesn't seem like a common choice amongst fans. He's better than Johnny Cage that's for sure.

I freaking hate Johnny Cage. Him and his douchebag sunglasses :evil:

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 4:52 pm

I freaking hate Johnny Cage. Him and his douchebag sunglasses :evil:

Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses as*hole.