Do you have brown on the inside of your iris on your eyes?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you have brown on the inside of your iris on your eyes?
Yes, I do 53%  53%  [ 23 ]
No, I just have one colour on my iris, which isn't brown 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
My entire iris is brown 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Other 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 43

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 12:21 am

After watching a documentary on Australian TV about Autism where they are talking about the aspect of autism being caused/affected by gut bacteria issues, and knowing that many people on the spectrum do indeed have gut/digestive/bacteria issues... it made me think of another link. I have no idea about the validity of this or not, but I came across this and found it interesting nonetheless.
When I went to see a naturopath last year she took a photo of my eye. Apparently some people say that our eyes hold clues as to health issues in our bodies. She said that my eyes were actually a dark blue, but there was this brown colour on the inside of my iris, around my pupil. She said that this isn't a natural part of my eye - she said it represents that I have digestive issues.

(Also, through live blood analysis, she saw bacteria issues.)

Which has led me to this poll question :)

I am just curious is all! I am sure there is probably no link, but just curious :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

28 Aug 2012, 12:28 am

Yes, they do. My eyes are hazel-greenish, so I guess that's sort of the reason why.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

I voted for my entire iris being brown...the iris is the part of the eye where the eye color is, right? I tend to get it confused with the pupil (the black dot in the center of the eye).

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 1:04 am

I have blue eyes all the way

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

analyser23 wrote:
After watching a documentary on Australian TV about Autism where they are talking about the aspect of autism being caused/affected by gut bacteria issues, and knowing that many people on the spectrum do indeed have gut/digestive/bacteria issues... it made me think of another link. I have no idea about the validity of this or not, but I came across this and found it interesting nonetheless.
When I went to see a naturopath last year she took a photo of my eye. Apparently some people say that our eyes hold clues as to health issues in our bodies. She said that my eyes were actually a dark blue, but there was this brown colour on the inside of my iris, around my pupil. She said that this isn't a natural part of my eye - she said it represents that I have digestive issues.

(Also, through live blood analysis, she saw bacteria issues.)

Which has led me to this poll question :)

I am just curious is all! I am sure there is probably no link, but just curious :)

You are right when you say there is no link. Naturopathy has been debunked quite thoroughly - it's quackery. A nice piece on it is at the link below. Quackwatch is a really good site by the way. It's good to see that you were already questioning the validity of it which is why I thought you wouldn't be offended at me posting this (I probably would have posted it anyway lol, I hate people giving money to these people :/).

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... pathy.html.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2012, 1:27 am

Errrhhh, well I can't say I've ever had gut issues, my eyes are hazel which explains the brown -- I don't believe at all that it is linked to autism.

Naturotherapy , at least in my experience, is like pseudo science. It is for people who like to think they are doctors, without actually learning to be one.
My Mum took me to see one before my diagnosis, and the lady flat-out told my Mum that my issues are due to my diet.
Completely new sugarless & wheat-free diet and lots of expensive natural products later... eheh.
I personally would not trust them as far as you could throw them.

KittyCommand0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2012, 1:55 am

I have blue/green eyes(changes) and there is a little bit of brown right around the iris. I also have IBS. I wouldn't doubt that it is all just coincidence and not related to autism though.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

So...does this mean that all that is needed to cure autism is a yogurt enema? :lol:

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 2:59 am

My iris is brown but looking at it closer you can find some yellowish-bluish tint along the dominant color. However, it is not centered around the pupil, and I don't think there's a connection with gut issues or autism, although I definitely have both. :)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:30 am

i never really thought about this, but yes; i do.
my eyes are a blue/grey-ish colour normally, but i do have some organic-looking, flakey brown surrounding my pupil, kinda like the sunrays you see around the moon during an eclipse...

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 4:21 am

Doesn't show up too well in the pic, but my irises are green with brown right around the pupil.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 4:31 am

I have same golden brown in my eyes as the picture above. I call them my golden halos :)

My eyes are a bluey green colour otherwise.

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2012, 4:35 am

Greenish with the brown tint, very much like jetbuilder. Not sure of the significance re: gut bacterial/autism

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 5:07 am

Interesting response! And yes, the pic you posted jetbuilder is exactly what I am talking about, thanks for sharing that :)

The show that I watched about it is called 'The Autism Enigma - The Nature of Things'.

There is a link to it here but I think it might only be viewable in Australia, and I can't find it on YouTube....

When it comes to Autism causes, etc, I like to keep a fairly open mind about all things, because you just never know really, there is so much that it could be!

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:48 am

I selected 'other' as have blue eyes with a yellow ring around the iris. People have previously commented to me that I have eyes like a cat, because when my pupils constrict, the yellow bit increases in size, and especially under artificial light it makes them look really yellow.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2012, 7:36 am

I technically have grey eyes, though depending on the light or what I am wearing they change color. They used to be more Hazel I think, but have since gotten lighter.

I do know eye color might have a relationship to sun sensitivity - brown eyes have most pigment, thus are more adaptive to sunlight - green in less - blue low - grey the lowest (and most sensitive) with exception of albinos who have red eyes. I think color can be affected by mood as well - like when you are angry or anxious, more blood flows into your eye to bring out darker colors.