This is really confusing me- please help

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

I am almost certain that I am a lesbian but there is one thing seriously holding me back and I am so confused by it. As I can imagine is the same for all Aspies I just have to have an answer and maybe it would be easier to come to terms with if I knew what this meant.
I have never ever been attracted to a boy, I would only be able to tell you what I think most girls see as 'hot' or 'ugly' but I have never ever had any of my own feelings about this. I have never looked at a girl-who's image isn't purposefully sexualised- either way either but those images affect me physically and I have found myself wondering what it would be like to touch another girl. I presume this has set it up enough for me but I can't help remembering the time when a boy had to put this neck thingy on me and all the hairs on my neck stood up in a good way. I also am not really up for the whole kissing another girl but I wish I could with a boy. I adore seeing a straight relationship going well and I am a big romance fan. I love seeing a couple together and I wish I could be like that. I dream still of finding the perfect boyfriend and having someone who I do love and feel attracted to even though it has never happened!
Is this just me being in denial?
Has this happened to other people before, and what was the out come for you?
I'm really freaking out about this. I need any help I can get. My sister is uncomfortable with girl/girl relationships and my mum I can tell is only not against it because I have told her I think that's my path. Help!!

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Sep 2012, 10:56 am

Why would you kiss a boy then and not a girl? Seems like you might have romanticized straight relationships in some way, or you're just bisexual.

Trekie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

Why choose? if your not sue then maybe you are bisexual. Maybe you will find out later on. Just try be open.

muntanmion
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

You'll sort this stuff out as you get older— you're only 16?. I had to experiment sexually with both men and women before it became obvious what my preference was. Having family members who would dissuade you from pursuing women certainly makes it more difficult.

Lottiotta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2012, 5:36 pm

Sometimes sexuality is not easy to categorise. At the moment, it sounds like this is the case for your sexuality.

There are words for people you want to have sex with: heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual.

There are words for people you want to have a relationship with and do romantic things (holding hands, kissing) with: heteroromantic, homoromantic, biromantic, panromantic, aromantic.

You can be sexually attracted to people of the same sex, but romantically attracted to people of the opposite sex. I knew someone who was bisexual but homoromantic, so she fancied women and men but only wanted boyfriends. I'm asexual and aromantic, which is not as interesting, really. ;)

Partisian
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2013, 4:21 am

Lottiotta wrote:
Sometimes sexuality is not easy to categorise. At the moment, it sounds like this is the case for your sexuality.

There are words for people you want to have sex with: heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual.

There are words for people you want to have a relationship with and do romantic things (holding hands, kissing) with: heteroromantic, homoromantic, biromantic, panromantic, aromantic.

You can be sexually attracted to people of the same sex, but romantically attracted to people of the opposite sex. I knew someone who was bisexual but homoromantic, so she fancied women and men but only wanted boyfriends. I'm asexual and aromantic, which is not as interesting, really. ;)

Ha. I find it all the more interesting. More time to think! (I'm really not sure where I fall; Probably between asexual and bisexual but also biromantic)