Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

Do any of you guys feel insecure in any way? It can be from wanting to tell someone something but you don't have the courage to tell or having a few friends but thinking otherwise? I'm here to help

NextDoorLunatic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

I'm insecure all the time about too many things.
I hate phones and sometimes need days to mentally prepare myself to call somebody.
You know these people who say stuff like "I'm sure I terribly failed that test?" all the time and then do really good? I'm one of those people - but only in the subjects I'm always doing good in. Whenever something comes easy to me I automatically assume that it isn't really easy but that I don't understand something and somehow have to be wrong and actually aweful at it.

I also rarely ever know when somebody is a friend and have a hard timr keeping contact to them ever since I graduated. One friend (so she's a really good one) actually told that they are still my friends, even though through increasing distance, moving away and these changing circumstances other things obviouls change.

I don't know... there are some people who seem to be nice but after a while I figured they were really condescending, mainly since especially one guy whom I had some classes with would always ask me if I had already got started on a project or enjoyed something (which could be small talk) but was always surprized and seemed envious when I actually excelled in tests and projects, while I sucked at oral participation.

So how do people recognize friends and are able to differ them from friendly-acting enemies (for the lack of a better term)? It's so confusing that they are, if you will, disrespectfully nice and when somebody's smiling and using a friendly tone of voice (and, of course, saying somethintg that could be neutral statement meant to start a conversation) I automatically concluse that the person has good intentions.

kill231
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2012, 4:09 pm

NextDoorLunatic wrote:
I'm insecure all the time about too many things.
I hate phones and sometimes need days to mentally prepare myself to call somebody.
You know these people who say stuff like "I'm sure I terribly failed that test?" all the time and then do really good? I'm one of those people - but only in the subjects I'm always doing good in. Whenever something comes easy to me I automatically assume that it isn't really easy but that I don't understand something and somehow have to be wrong and actually aweful at it.

I also rarely ever know when somebody is a friend and have a hard time keeping contact to them ever since I graduated. One friend (so she's a really good one) actually told that they are still my friends, even though through increasing distance, moving away and these changing circumstances other things obviouls change.

I don't know... there are some people who seem to be nice but after a while I figured they were really condescending, mainly since especially one guy whom I had some classes with would always ask me if I had already got started on a project or enjoyed something (which could be small talk) but was always surprised and seemed envious when I actually excelled in tests and projects, while I sucked at oral participation.

So how do people recognize friends and are able to differ them from friendly-acting enemies (for the lack of a better term)? It's so confusing that they are, if you will, disrespectfully nice and when somebody's smiling and using a friendly tone of voice (and, of course, saying somethintg that could be neutral statement meant to start a conversation) I automatically concluse that the person has good intentions.

Cheer up my friend. Look at the bright side of life and you'll be fine. I wonder these things as well but I don't them control me.