Mediocre 33%  33%  [ 17 ]
Average 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Good 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 52

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 10:46 am

Because I do. I'm incredibly lazy. I constantly postpone everything though I know it's bad. I'm a little overweight but too lazy for sports. It annoys me and makes me feel weak.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 10:58 am

I have never learned the art of delaying gratification either.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2012, 11:03 am

I also have bad self-discipline and do not know how to improve it. I would love to have better self-discipline with everything. I also procrastinate a lot when I need to do something that I do not want to do. I complain a lot and I have poor control of my emotions, which is something I really wish I had better control over.

Arethosemyfeet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2012, 11:50 am

What's the difference between mediocre and average? Seems like the same thing to me.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Arethosemyfeet wrote:
What's the difference between mediocre and average? Seems like the same thing to me.

Mediocre means bad, but not terrible, average means not bad, not good.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

I tend to give myself tough love and I often feel lazy and weak and I call myself selfish and a b***h.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

I'm forever calling myself a lazy b****. The trouble with me is procrastination. I usually end up on the computer, reading a book, playing with the rabbits... basically everything other than what I need to do! The biggest problem is that I neglect my personal care quite a lot. It's annoying because I want to be clean and have a nice, tidy room but this is rare because of my constant avoidance! I find having a shower so incredibally uncomfortable.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 2:33 pm

Given my great degree of apprehension in regards to spending money of things I want or need (though always spending on need over want when I do decide to actually dole out the cash) and my obsession with making certain any work is finished (and finished properly) and selecting a bowl of watercress over wings (because I know that no matter how bad the watercress feels in ym mouth, it is better for one's own health than the deep-fried wings). I would have to say my self-discipline is good. On the rare occasions I did give in to temptation (such as the time I decided to visit the local pawn shop as opposed to staying in the dorm and finishing my 60-page report on the use of UAVs in warzones, I made up for it by working four times as hard to finish it that day (though it was not due until the next week)), I punish myself or increase the workload to make up for the temporary shift in priorities.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 2:37 pm

It depends. At home I have pretty bad self discipline but at work I can force myself to do anything that is asked of me.

jwalk122
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

I have good discipline when it comes to being lazy or eating correctly but i often make unsafe or bad decisions for no real reason. this could be because im 19 but im also an over energetic person.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 3:39 pm

I think I am very disciplined, but I think I have learnt this as I got older. Once I found the things in life that interest me I am able to focus on them and be very disciplined when I set myself a goal.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 3:52 pm

If I get stressed or distracted, some things go right out the window. Sometimes I just plain forget.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

My self-discipline is very, very bad. I'm fat, my room's almost always a mess, my hygiene leaves a lot to be desired, my emotions frequently get out of control, and I rarely do chores. My parents always tell me that I'm a good person who deserves nice things, but I don't think that's true at all. In fact, when I read a couple of Harry Potter books over the summer, I was embarrassed about how much Dudley reminded me of myself. He was like a grotesque caricature of the worst attributes of my personality. :?

roseblood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

I voted Very Bad, but my Ritalin puts paid to that. It's amazing to watch the transformation from the dedicated class swat to the one messing about on the Internet instead of working when it wears off.

I like being the swat much better. Procrastinating and being unable to motivate yourself in the present because it doesn't feel connected to the future anymore is unpleasant and is the reason it's taken me longer to make a success of myself than most people can understand.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 6:16 pm

It's rather hard to vote, because in some things I do and in some I don't.

I can write a huge paper in a week (and be disciplined about it) but tell me not to go get those cookies again? Nope. Gonna do it.

noobler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

I'm a great discipline priest in WoW.

what's the question again? ohh, are you asking me if I'm a disciple?

oh wait no you were asking if I have discipline, well the answer is SQUIRREL

if something concrete immediate and worrying comes along I can snap into a hunter-killer mindset and put everything into clear objectives and finish them par excellence, but otherwise not really

I'm beginning to think I have comorbidity of ADHD with either BAP or ASD or AS because I cannot focus like ever, unless I have music going and then it's usually a bit better, but my music player broke and now I cannot play music like anywhere, and I need a watch because I can obsessively check it, I think my sense of time is out the window and the world is one big continuous mess of data for me that is hard to sort through except to see patterns that I can compare to shapes and simple religious flowcharts

on a sidenote, my self discipline waxes and wanes in ways I'm not sure I understand, although the framework I was putting it in on the insistence of other people wasn't very good I'm sure, so the basis of self discipline is very shoddy due to peer pressure