What do people NOT understand about you the most?

Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Nov 2012, 2:38 am

Another self-explanatory Q.
---
When I incorporate sports references in my everyday language. I just feel that it livens up anything, I think. (Of course, non-sports fans may disagree with me on that.......)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 4:46 am

People from my old jobs knew I was an oddball. My 3rd person self-reference use to drive them nut, though.

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2012, 4:53 am

I don't show emotion easily and I'm told I have an expressionless face (and cold eyes). People think I'm unfeeling and unfriendly, and they say I look scary as they can't read me.

baodi
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2012, 5:12 am

People sometimes think I am cold and uncaring, because I am not good at making conversation.
My ideas and suggestions at work also seem to go unoticed or are not understood. Seems like the way I explain things is not easy for others to quickly grasp.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 5:38 am

My good intentions in general don't seem to be understood. Some people simply respond in a rather rude and hostile manner when I talk to them politely. I am often left puzzled. Not all the people are like that. So, I concluded that those who interpret me negatively for some reason must have something dark inside and are probably evil. Otherwise there is no explanation for their hostility.

zooguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Nov 2012, 7:29 am

they simply seem incapable to comprehend much of anything I have to say - it goes right over their heads - their thoughts are in the social world and ours are more in the mechanics of the world - at least to me

fuelred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2012, 8:44 am

A lot of times, my facial expressions don't match my emotions. I'll smile when I'm sad, or frown when I'm happy. I can't blame them, cause I don't really understand it either.

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2012, 8:47 am

That I have no interest in socializing the way that they do. I prefer to be by myself or with my family for the most part. There are very few occasions that I actually want to interact with others.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2012, 9:57 am

jk1 wrote:
My good intentions in general don't seem to be understood. Some people simply respond in a rather rude and hostile manner when I talk to them politely. I am often left puzzled. Not all the people are like that. So, I concluded that those who interpret me negatively for some reason must have something dark inside and are probably evil. Otherwise there is no explanation for their hostility.

I had this exact same problem in college, and it nearly drove me insane. It made me doubt everything about myself and I even tried to commit suicide at one point. I have never really gotten over that experience.

It's taken therapy and medication for anxiety-laced depression to start getting over it, though it still hurts because of all the bullying I faced.

At least now I know that I am a good friend to have and I shouldn't worry about what people think because I know who I am on the inside.

What I have learned is that when people respond rudely to you it shows some sort of insecurity in themselves; they think that anyone who acts caring actually wants to take advantage of them. It's because they have been hurt before or have been raised to believe that the people outside their circle think they're lesser somehow. Some of those people would take advantage of you because they believe it's the way the world works, but most are just trying to live. It takes patience and time and not trying too hard to show people that you can be trusted. It also takes self-control of your emotions, something I am still trying to master.

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2012, 11:21 am

that I really don't have a "memory like an elephant". This has been a myth of sorts in our family about me for some time, and it's frustrating because I usually don't recall whatever the other person is expecting me to. (although my mom claims that I was really good at memorizing when I was in elementary school, and that's one reason it was surprising that I had trouble with math)

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 12:34 pm

That I really don't get it (whatever it is that's going on) - I'm not faking, manipulating, etc., but genuinely bewildered.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:07 pm

My sensory issue with loud sudden noises like barking dogs.

My fascination with bus-drivers.

My short-temperedness.

The only one who tries to understand these are my closest relatives.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:15 pm

What do people NOT understand about me the most?

I have feelings, and that they matter to me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't 'in me'.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

That I'm not displaying my aspie traits on purpose to hurt others.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2012, 3:36 pm

That it's not me to conform to your socially constructed, bullsh*t gender roles/stereotypes.