Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

olliepop96
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

Hi everybody. I was just looking through the general autism discussion and i realized there are a ton of people who are not sure if they are autistic or not and asking about it and stuff. So I was thinking maybe there should be another category on the forum for that, like "self-diagnosis" or "undiagnosed".
what do you guys think???
: )

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 1:31 pm

The category of "Not sure if I have it or not" is sufficient.

If a person is "Undiagnosed", then they can not really say that they have AS. It's like saying "I have money" without ever looking in your wallet.

If a person is "Self-Diagnosed", then they are more likely to give themselves a wrong diagnosis than an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional, because several other syndromes and disorders can mask or mimic symptoms of AS.

In my opinion, people who claim to have AS without ever having received an official diagnosis from an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional are Poseurs, and the only people they are fooling are themselves.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 04 Nov 2012, 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

olliepop96

04 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

yes, exactly!