Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Virginiarw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

Ok, time for a clip!

Breaking Dawn Clip

At first when watching this I did not understand, I could not put words to it, but something about this clip felt familiar.

It was then that I realized it reminded me of my experience as an aspie, pretending to be normal. Trying to figure out how to blend in, and not because I had a problem with being different. This is not the same as trying to "fit in", in my mind.

Here are a few discussion questions:
-Does Bella having to act human remind you of any of your experiences of having to act neurotypical?
-Do any of Bella's other experiences remind you of your experiences as an aspie? (I would personally say, yes, although she is better then me at many things)
-Is it possible her experience just represents anyone who pretends to be normal?
You can answer none, or some, or all.

(Twilight fans use examples from the books and movies, as I am interested in the parallels you see between yourself and Bella.)
(Twilight haters, beware. This is not the forum for you. Not sure if this happens here, but don't derail this forum.)
(Even if you don't know much about Twilight, or don't like it, this clip might feel familiar to you.)

Idiotchief
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2012, 12:55 am

i loved this clip. I was forced to watch it, (my sister was watching ellen and i happend to be on the computer in the same room) but the idea of being different then everyone else in such a key way, be it vampirism or autism, and then having everyone giving you tips on how to be normal and then failing completely was hilarious. im currently imagining waking up and being surronded by a household of aspies.... It reminds me of my giving social clues point blank to my friends sheldon leonard style. (thats a big bang reference)