I'm feeling very sad and depressed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2006, 12:51 pm

I am feeling very sad because of:

:!: The fact that people at my school are over the moon (figure of speech, meaning "very excited") about Christmas, and I am very miserable about it. I'm such a joyless, boring weirdo.
:!: I'm considering dropping GCSE English Literature as I find the coursework too stressful, and I got into an argument with my English teacher. My SCID teacher (like Social Skills) talked to my English teacher about my AS and made me think about dropping it for the course of Key Stage 4. My friend (who also has AS) made me feel that I shouldn't take a choice that my father approves of, and his views certainly didn't make me feel any happier. That put me down.
:!: I wanted to get all my homework finished by the end of term and I hoped to do some things on the last day (Which would be tomorrow, except the school is closed tomorrow due to an apparent gas leak) but the closure tomorrow of the school has resulted in my routines having to change and my original plans and deadlines for homework have been disintegrated.

I'm feeling very upset and all I feel like doing is crying at the moment, are any of you in a case like this? Feel free to tell me as I need support and comfort. :(

Mariah918
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2006, 3:10 pm

Hey, that's too bad. Try doing things you enjoy and try to just have one hour (or 30 min) to relax each day and have the rest of the days be for school work or other things in your life. One thing that might help is to be more organized. If you have problems with organization you should improve so that you have your whole life on track.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2006, 3:57 pm

Yeah, I should have my own little timetable. That will be essential because I have a GCSE Science test in anuary.

Z
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2006, 4:00 pm

I really hated english as well. I had a terrible teacher and the subject material wasn't that great to begin with.

But, I think you should try to avoid dropping/failing it. Later in your life, when you are trying to get a job or seeking further education, a lack of a decent English qualification will really hold you back, even if your skills in other areas are exceptionally good.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2006, 4:06 pm

But - when you do GCSE English there are 2 GCSES - One Literature and One Language. I will still be doing Language which I think is much more important, but not the Literature.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2006, 7:40 pm

I have a hard time getting into the Christmas Spirit, unless it's Christmas Eve Day. I've experienced two December losses, one which is that of a neighbour. I also have a feeling that I'll lose my Grandpa, this December.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 7:20 am

I am sending you good wishes! I was terrible at English Lit and I am really unhappy about christmas right now. All I can do is sympathise and hope you feel happier soon!

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 7:24 am

Thank you! I have calmed down a bit and am hoping to make a revision plan and be able to study properly without getting engrossed into the Christmas spirit.

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 5:13 pm

scrulie wrote:
I am sending you good wishes! I was terrible at English Lit and I am really unhappy about christmas right now. All I can do is sympathise and hope you feel happier soon!

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HATE CHRISTMAS?!

Warren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2006, 5:57 pm

Becasues for some people christmas holds very bad memories. I think spending the last xmas of my mums life watching my mum critically ill on a ventilator while she was hallucinating and attacking the nurses she thought "were trying to kill her" counts as a good reason to hate f*****g christmas.

Also it messes up routines. For me every holiday period is bad as my routine goes to pot and i cant cope unless i keep a work routine when im off work.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2006, 7:41 pm

I'm not looking that forward to the start of christmas day this year since I have to travel to see family. But this reminds me when I used to have revision & coursework at home I used to find it too dam hard to get stuck in. Hope it all works out.