alex
Developer
Developer

10 Dec 2012, 12:47 pm

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france ... utiste.php
google translation:

Quote:

She is a prostitute to pay for treatment for her autistic son
The treatment that best suits the son of Muriel, although recommended by the High Authority of Health is not covered by Social Security, the young woman decided to prostitution to raise money.

Muriel's son, age 5, is autistic severe. Therapy that works best method is "educational", which means that educators take turns at his bedside. Problem, this method is not reimbursed by Social Security, although recommended by the High Authority of Health . It would promote "personal development, participation in social life and the autonomy of the child and adolescent." Nice family not afford to pay each month 2000 euros that cost him three educators. Muriel, thirties, who stopped working to devote himself to the education of his son, having sold "a lot of valuables," sees no alternative to prostitution. She confided Monday morning on Europe 1 .

"I thought in the end, that's the solution, until everything works out, we have no other choice," she told the micro Europe 1. Muriel managed to raise 7000 euros in prostituting themselves five times, without her husband's knowledge. Until, locked in the room of a large hotel, a customer threatens to kill her. "I realized that I could lose my life (...) because of the state," she accused. "I did all this for my son, my family and ultimately I almost lost my life," she added. While autism was declared national cause in 2012, the mother called the authorities for help, convinced that other women as they have already taken the plunge.

Check out my film about the horrible treatment of autism in France: http://shamefuldocumentary.com/

AgentPalpatine
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

Alex, thank you for bring attention to the abuse suffered by those on the spectrum around the world. You've done more with one video than most do in a decade.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 9:08 pm

Hey Alex! :) I didn't know that you were making that video until now, but it's really something to be proud of. Thank you for advocating for autistic people!

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

So is this documentary going to be shot in 4K?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

How much is she making doing that?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 4:57 am

I cant stand the French, even though my ancestors and surname are French.
They are so rude to me because of my aspergers, screw them

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 5:24 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-hrZfRDSl4[/youtube]

zeroed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Dec 2012, 8:08 pm

France has bad treatments for those on the spectrum as we know, yet this also happens in countries where sexwork is legal, and women are seriously expected to apply for sexwork by the vocational centers. This is just sad because she did not choose such a job. I dont judge those that think it should be legal but free choice is key.

Ascagne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

Quote:
I cant stand the French, even though my ancestors and surname are French.
They are so rude to me because of my aspergers, screw them

Hey, be assured that not all of us are like that ! :wink:

The situation gets slowly better in France, in what regards the knowledge by the public and the "prise en compte" of the subject. Compare between the governmental and authorities involvement on the topic now and 15 years ago, I'm sure the difference is important, at least in terms of efforts. The bad paradigms still used by some professionals (hum, France and Freud... France and psychoanalysis... And some more concrete treatments for autists :roll: ) won't last for long, and the situation will be less closed than before on this matter.
The specific problem raised here makes me sad, but I'm quite confident it won't go unnoticed. As for solutions... It depends of many factors. I hope the government will climb up to the task, but... :roll: At least, I'm pretty sure that there are measures to be taken that don't require much spending but could already ameliorate the general situation. The different associations in the paysage of autism and AS in France are more dynamic and can be better harkened to nowadays - Internet helps, too.

As for the video linked by Aspi-rant : yes, that's a docu-fiction that aired some weeks ago, which is not bad. Some critics that one could make about the fiction part (which are often inherent to that kind of vulgarization through fiction) are lessened by the fact the film presents true testimonies from Aspies.

operationpaperclip
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2012, 8:17 am

Any pictures of this chick?