Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 6:59 pm

I've always want to write stories. I did when i was younger, but I don't have the best grammar skills.
I been thinking this one character name ''rick'' and ''rick'' is a 19 year old kid who failed at sports but he try to do his best in life.
He is really respected in his community expect by this young woman and her swim captain boyfriend who treat rick like s**t.
so rick is kinda of senstive guy and so call nice guy but he don't bother no one and keeps to himself but young woman (who I will call sindy)
just torment him,call hims ''not a real man'' ''because he failed at sports,no women should ever talk to him'' and she always mock him
on how she has a ''swim captain boyfriend and how rick has nothing because he's a loser''

in my story sindy is seen as very innocent and sweet young girl. but she just torments rick big time. but rick get so feed up with it, he doesn't know what to do. But rick is a good kid, he does try to stay away from sindy and her boyfriends.

here part of the story I just made up
so rick was skateboarding and he accidently bump into sindy and her boyfriend
boyfriend: oh,look here we got a piss of s**t
(he takes his skateboard and throws it)
rick: hey,give it back to me
boyfriend: hey,back off you little f@(
(b.f pushes him down)
sindy: stand up, you f--- f---
(rick start to cry)
sindy: look at this pathetic man, he is crying, only a f--- f--
would cry, you know rick if were a real man, you would had kicked my boyfriend ass
but your not, you are loser, you will always be loser,let get out of here

(so rick gets up and go off running)

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

I hope don't offend anyone here when I use some of language I use above.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 7:04 pm

Hey. Even if your grammar is poor you can always get someone to "write" your story for you. You know what I mean? You lay out the outline, where the story goes, and how it ends, and someone can come along and make grammatical sense of it.

mitchmimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2013, 7:29 am

redrobin62 wrote:
Hey. Even if your grammar is poor you can always get someone to "write" your story for you. You know what I mean? You lay out the outline, where the story goes, and how it ends, and someone can come along and make grammatical sense of it.

ghost writer in other words :) if you get a beta reader someone who sorts all the grammer out for you that might help as welll

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 4:10 pm

It's OK if your grammar skills suck.

If you get stuck on a story and want to write something else, I have lots of ideas that I want someone else to have. PM me if interested.

Trinab
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2013, 6:28 pm

You have a story in there all right. You might be surprised what the story is though.

What you have described so far is a good setup for a conflict, but it lacks in any planned resolution or ending.

Now, with what you outlined, Rick has two problems:

1. He is bullied, (disrespected)
2. He is poor at athletics.

So, to make it a true story, he has to resolve one or both of these problems. If by getting good at sports will get him respected, your story is basically a retelling of 'The Karate Kid' or 'Rocky.'

No, I think your real story is not with Rick, but with your character of Sindy.

You said she is basically innocent, but believes that athletic ability is worth.

If you made her the focus of the story, how through constant contact with Rick causes her to question that belief, and then slowly change it, you will have a damned good story.

Something to think about. :)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

The author of Where The Red Fern Grows had also had problems with grammar and spelling, so his wife proofread everything he wrote. Perhaps you could find someone to help you out in that respect.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer