Dating & relationship success survey for MEN

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:43 am

Friendly Greetings WP,

Dr Blue_Bean here as a representative of the WP Bureau of Statistics with a survey intended to measure the dating and relationship success between males and females on the Autism Spectrum.

Some notes and requests for you to please respect:

* Please keep discussion in this thread to a minimum, so as to make it easier to collect data that is posted.
* Please do not be dishonest in your answers in order to skew results in favour of your gender. In most cases, providing you're a regular member, I will be able to cross-check your answers with your posting history.
* With the data I intend to do as many statistical calculations as I can using OpenOffice.org Spreadsheet (that's all I have). The file will be available for "auditing" on request (via email attachment) once this survey is completed and results compiled and published.
* I sincerely declare that I will do all I can to ensure the results are accurate and honest, with objectivity and no conflict of interest.
* I'm looking at at least 100 in each sample of men and women if I wish to have a margin of error of 10%. Of course, even more responses than that will decrease the margin of error more so (7% @ 200, below 5% @ 500). I have no idea how many responses I will get or how long it will take, maybe nobody will participate at all, which will make me cry and think nobuggy wubs me or takes me seriously here :(.
* I'm asking for an answer to some questions in years & months as this will give a finer result.
* No prizes or catches, no personal information will be stored on our servers or sold to third parties. But you do win the right to BAWHAWHAWL if your gender turns out to be the one that "has it worst".
* If you can't remember how many dates or sex partners you've had please make a genuine estimate.
* Anyone male and aspie can answer, no matter how little or how much experience you have (no offense to NT's but you're not the intended audience for the survey)
* Any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Now, onto the questionnaire;

Age (in years and months):

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"):

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones):

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?:

Number of physical dates you've been on:

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?:

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): Yes/No

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"):

Number of sexual partners you've had:

Sliceracer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2013, 7:52 am

Age (in years and months): 15 and 6 months

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 14 ( cant remember how
many months )

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 1

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 4 months

Number of physical dates you've been on: 1

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 0

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): No

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 14

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1

Last edited by Sliceracer on 18 Feb 2013, 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:55 am

I don't get this really because some of the questions are about quantity and some are about quality. Is this a success chart to decide how successful people are at developing and maintaining relationships or how successful people are at getting casual sex?

As I have said success is subjective when it comes to dating, some people choose to be monogamous, some choose to have sex with several partners because they feel monogamy is not for them so success is entirely subjective. I think for many on here, just having a long term relationship would be considered successful.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:04 am

Quote:
Is this a success chart to decide how successful people are at developing and maintaining relationships or how successful people are at getting casual sex?

All encompassing. You'll see I suppose. It's hard to tell from the few questions I'm asking.

If you can think of other questions to add in tell me before too many people answer.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:04 am

Quote:
Dr Blue_Bean here as a representative of the WP Bureau of Statistics

*snorts*

Sorry, can't continue reading.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:06 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*snorts*

I was joking. But way to go grasping onto whatever reason to dismiss what I'm doing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:07 am

blue_bean wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*snorts*

I was joking. But way to go grasping onto whatever reason to dismiss what I'm doing.

You owe me a coffee-free keyboard.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:00 am

Age (in years and months): 27 and 4 months

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): NA

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 0

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 0

Number of physical dates you've been on: 23

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): NA

Number of sexual partners you've had: [/quote] 0

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 10:58 am

would be interesting to see the difference between how many guys get to ask a girl out on a date to get ignored, turn down vs girls asking guys out.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

18 Feb 2013, 11:16 am

Age (in years and months): 26 and 2

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 23, 5 months

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): what do you mean by a relationship? 6-10, depending on how they're counted (at least 1 month + sex, then 5).

longest is 5 months, typical is about 2

God, I don't know. 35? What counts as a date?

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: See above.

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"):

22 and 8 months

Number of sexual partners you've had: I counted 17 but not sure exactly. It depends on what counts as "sex." So give or take a few. I was drunk during the majority. I lived abroad for a bit, which significantly inflates those numbers with novelty sex and lonely expats. Got a few hookers while in the Army to prove I wasn't gay, but those aren't included.

Filling this out makes me look like a bad person, who is not into relationships, but I'm really not. Not understanding my disorder has caused me to make many mistakes in the past, out of insecurity, which I hope to correct from now on.

Last edited by Tyri0n on 18 Feb 2013, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 11:49 am

Age (in years and months):
21 years and about 2 and a half monthsish

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"):
Around maybe 13 years and 11 months

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones):
Around 4. I would say more, but it seems some I'd talked to were a bit "crazy" so I never really knew where I stood with them.

The first was less than a month. Second was maybe a couple months. Third was around the same as the second. Fourth was maybe a little over two years.

None.

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?:
Well, none, I guess?

NA

Number of sexual partners you've had:
NA

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm

Age (in years and months): 21 years, 3 months

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): NA

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: NA

Number of physical dates you've been on: 3

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): NA

Number of sexual partners you've had: 0

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

Age (in years and months): 30

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 17

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 2 ( I had brief one in high school, never really counted it,
so I guess I count it here)

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 1 month to little over a year

Number of physical dates you've been on: 1

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: n/a

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): No

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 23

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1 (one too many)

B3dsage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

Age (in years and months): ~28.5

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 14ish

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 14ish

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: couple of weeks to 6 months max

Number of physical dates you've been on: I have no idea

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 4ish

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 17 years, 0 months

Number of sexual partners you've had: I forget. Between 20 and 30 I'm fairly certain.

Last edited by B3dsage on 18 Feb 2013, 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

Now, onto the questionnaire;

Age (in years and months): 28yrs 1/2mth

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 17yrs 2mths
Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 7

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 3mths to a year

Number of physical dates you've been on: Lost count

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 4

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 14

Number of sexual partners you've had: If you mean going the whole hog only 6 really. If you count the other stuff a lot more.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 1:58 pm

Age (in years and months): 21, 10 months

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): N/A

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: N/A

Number of physical dates you've been on: 0

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 20, 6 months

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1

Interesting how the people that always give out dating advice haven't answered either of the genders surveys